Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you don't? Well, of course you don't because there weren't any. The rumors were about the KNICKS' interest in Carter.

And hey, remember all those rumors about the Nets' trading Kidd? Didn't they come true?! Well, of course they didn't.

Point is this: it is a RARE rumored trade that actually takes place and often times teams find ways to satisfy their unhappy superstar.

Carter publicly asked for a trade. So did Shaq. So did McGrady. They got traded. Once a player makes that request public, it's a foregone conclusion that the player will get traded. And in each case, the trade worked out poorly for the team making the trade. Kidd did not make a public trade request and I think there was a reason for it. He hadn't reached his limits yet, wasn't sure what he wanted.

Kevin Garnett is doing what Kidd did last year: by criticizing what they had done in the off season, he is pushing his GM and owner to do something now. If they fail, then maybe he will go public with a trade request. Or maybe the team will play better as a result.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
I assume every fan base in the NBA is speculating about how their team can get KG.

I'm also sure Wolves fans are excited about the prospect of getting some players and going for broke with KG this season.

Their division is weak, and the Western Conference is one Duncan injury away from being wide open.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ghoti said:
I assume every fan base in the NBA is speculating about how their team can get KG.

I'm also sure Wolves fans are excited about the prospect of getting some players and going for broke with KG this season.

Their division is weak, and the Western Conference is one Duncan injury away from being wide open.
I completely agree re: that division. Win that division and you have third seed. Be healthy when others are not or make one trade to bring in a catalyst and and you could get lucky. It's November. The Wolves like the Nets are 4-4.

The ONLY team out there right now that has championship contender written all over it is Detroit. There's a lot of very bad teams and in the middle, there are a lot of teams that have been inconsistent and/or unlucky, whether it's the Wolves, the Nets, the Spurs, the Wizards, the Suns or the Nuggets. Teams gel. Players get injured. Players recover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts