Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the kj post got me thinking about some of my favorite players. players who's accomplishments and greatness tend to be forgotten over time.

feel free to start your own remembering...threads.

i'll start off by remembering bernard king.

one of the great offensive machines of all time. i mean completely unstoppable. also cut down by injuries at his absolute peak. i'd love to see him in today's league, because there is truly noone like him. too strong for most 3's, too quick for any 4. a nightmare matchup. one of the deadliest shots of all time, the turn-around jumper. better than jordan's fadeaway. to go along with a great all-around offensive repertoire. great finisher on the break. his performance in the '84 playoffs is legendary - 35ppg on 57.4% shooting. took the champion celtics 7 games, almost singlehandedly. the guy was a beast, and he was athletic.

a true great, coulda been among the elite ever, for that fateful night at the garden when he blew out his knee under the basket. as is, he'll go down as one of the greatest offensive threats the game has seen, if only for a while.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
As a Tennessee fan, Bernard is regarded as the best player in the schools history of basketball.

A few years back a local radio station polled many people involved in some fashion with UT athletics and came up with a list of the top 100 athletes in the history of the University. Bernard King came up number one beating out Peyton Manning. And if you knew how popular Manning is in Knoxville that is really saying something.

He was such a great player at both the college and pro level and to think what he would have been able to accomplish if not for the knee problems he suffered.

Bernard King:

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
I can't stand the Knicks, but I loved to watch Bernard King play. His years with the Knicks was when I started to watch basketball. I was too young to see him when he played with the Nets his first 2 years. It would have been great if they didn't trade him.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!
I can't stand the Knicks, but I loved to watch Bernard King play. His years with the Knicks was when I started to watch basketball. I was too young to see him when he played with the Nets his first 2 years. It would have been great if they didn't trade him.
wow the same thing i was going to say

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.