Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from jsonline.com:

Denver - The Milwaukee Bucks took a 27-37 record with them when they took off Saturday for a five-game Western trip that will open tonight in Denver. And that trip is only a part of a rather unsympathetic schedule they will face down the stretch of the regular season.

The Bucks have vowed to play hard until the end of the season and try to win as many games as possible. But some are wondering that if the Bucks should take a tumble would it have any effect on where guard Michael Redd decides to play next season.

Redd will become a free agent after this season and has expressed a desire to finish his National Basketball Association career in Milwaukee. But nothing is in writing yet, and Redd was asked if the Bucks' final record would do anything to sway his decision.

"No," he said. "I don't think so. That wouldn't be fair."

Even so, Redd made it clear he wanted to be in a winning situation.

"You want to win," he said. "You're in this game to win. You've seen me for five years now and I've never been on a losing team since I've been in Milwaukee. It's not fun (to lose). I mean, you want to win."
LINK

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This West Coast trip is going to decide our playoff fate....If we can go 3-2 on the trip, we will still be in the thick of the race, but if we stumble to an under .500 record on it, say hello to the lottery :angel:

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lose them all so we can get a higher pick!!!!!
LOL Mavs Dude...that wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think that if we can get into the playoffs, I would look at it as a huge positive rather than a negative. The playoffs atmosphere in the Bradley Center is always great, and it could be a motavating factor for Michael Redd to stay and lead this team. Plus, if we do sneak into the playoffs, who knows, upsets happen. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I just don't think there is any possible way we can make it to the playoffs. This isn't like college where there are a lot of upsets. I just don't see this team doing anything. That's why we should just get the highest pick we can and go after a big FA and then I think we would be ready to go.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BigD, refer to the "Bucks are on the Clock" Thread for more opinions on who we should draft....Andrew Bogut will be the 1st or 2nd overall pick, so unless we trade up or get extremley lucky in the draft lottery, we will have to look at guys such as Sean May, Fran Vazquez, and others.

Link to Thread

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I see Tiago Splitter as the main target. He is supposed to be a Pau Gasol type player. NBADraft.net says he should be a top 5 international player in a couple years. All I've heard about him is good. If we go PG wise, I say let's get Raymond Felton. He does all things TJ but is a little slower but he can shoot the lights out. I think he can be very good.

D34P, like I said man, I'm a UNC fan too but NBADraft.net doesn't even have Sean May picked in the teens, he is a late 1st rounder so I don't think he will be a lottery pick any time soon. Now if he stays at UNC for next year and has a Emeka Okafor type year then I could see him going higher but not right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts