Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a little over a week since the NBA season has started and already Ive heard and read many complaints on the officiating from NBA players, and fans. In your opinion, how do you grade the officiating in week 1 of the NBA so far..
i give it a C+.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
F-.

It's been absolutely atrocious this season.

They have all these new rules they're looking to implement, or rather old rules that they've now decided they'd like to enfore. It's resulted in some wildly inconsistant refereeing.

Reactions: L

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
F, 2 bad calls to decide the game in back to back nights (for new jersey and golden state) that favored the home teams (miami and chicago).

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I'd probably give them a D at the most... probably even an F. One of the important things that refs should be is "consistent" and somehow, in my opinion, they have not been that consistent. I think they have a lot of room for improvement at this point.

·
Registered
132 Posts
F, due to the game not being called nearly as tighly as last year. I really, really hope they get orders from on high to clean it up, because it's resulting in some ugly scores.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
C its been ok

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
D+, it's about as bad as I've ever seen, but there's no conspiracy as much as there is incompetence.

At least they haven't screwed up the game clock in the last three seconds of a Grizzlies game yet.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Get rid of Violet Palmer and the quality of refeering would improve dramatacilly

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Theyve been horrible. In the game against Minnesota, the Lakers got no call in almost the entire second half! And last night against the Sixers Allen Iverson had more FT than the entire Laker team.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
CubanLaker said:
Theyve been horrible. In the game against Minnesota, the Lakers got no call in almost the entire second half! And last night against the Sixers Allen Iverson had more FT than the entire Laker team.
i think that's because of the triangle though. i remember phil jackson saying something like the referees don't understand it so they don't get the rewards.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts