Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I don't watch a ton of Hawks basketball, but hasn't Schroeder arguably been outplaying Teague this year? Not sure why they'd blow up the 3rd best team in the East, though, unless they really think Horford is leaving this off season. Nothing wrong with being a division champ and competitive playoff team each season from a $$$ perspective.

Regardless, I'd love to have Teague in Indiana, but it'd make no sense for them to move him here.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Supposedly the knicks are interested, but who or what type of package could they offer?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't watch a ton of Hawks basketball, but hasn't Schroeder arguably been outplaying Teague this year? Not sure why they'd blow up the 3rd best team in the East, though, unless they really think Horford is leaving this off season. Nothing wrong with being a division champ and competitive playoff team each season from a $$$ perspective.

Regardless, I'd love to have Teague in Indiana, but it'd make no sense for them to move him here.
It is true that the Hawks have been better with Schroder on the floor than Teague. Atlanta outscores teams by 10.8 points per 100 possessions with Dennis vs. getting outscored by 2.2 points per 100 possessions with Jeff.

Dennis is still very erratic and out of control, but I'd like to see what he could do as an every day starter. Teague's trade value isn't going to go up much from here and he has a good value contract ($8M/season through 2016-17) for his next team. Not sure what kind of assets Atlanta could get back, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts