Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Shitty deal for the Knicks. This guy doesn't help them even if his contract is free.

A loser move by a loser franchise.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Whatever, he'll probably start until Shump is healthy.

There is probably a handshake agreement on what he'll get next year when the Knicks have his bird rights hope it's not too much.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I'm so confused as to how he's getting paid $1.4m per season....

Couldn't anyone else offer more?

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
I'm so confused as to how he's getting paid $1.4m per season....

Couldn't anyone else offer more?
No, $2.8 million year one then there is a player option on year two.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Because this is the NBA, where you're loaded with potential... until you're not. With "you're not" tending to hit at 30. Smith is 27, has had seasons over 46% from the field, 40% from the arc, and 80% from the line. Boneheadedness? "The right combination of veterans will put him in his place!" Stubbornly thinks he's a #1 option? "The right combination of veterans will put him in his place!" Unfortunately, this is the New York Knicks. And no right combination of veterans can beat out being buddy buddy with the owner.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
He is going to put up so many dumb shots next season that lose games its not even going to be funny.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I still think he has some value to an NBA team, but the Knicks as currently constructed are a horrible fit.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
You need to have him on a string. You put him out there and figure out which team he's going to kill and bench his ass if it's the one he's on.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
the knicks as currently constructed are a good defensive team in need of some more firepower.

JR is absolutely not a starter but he's talented and occasionally a good defender, when the team is fully healthy he fits in well as a sparkplug off the bench, his mentality wont let him progress beyond that.

2.8 for a 6th man....good deal.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I actually don't mind JR on this team (especially at that price) as long as Shumpert is healthy and starting.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Ha. Steve Novak makes more than JR Smith. This is what happens when you are completely unprofessional and immature.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
With Fields gone and Shumpert's knee still exploded, getting J.R. back on the cheap was the best they were going to do. He's going to wind up a necessary evil this coming year, and hopefully they can pick up someone else as well along the way.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Shitty deal for the Knicks. This guy doesn't help them even if his contract is free.

A loser move by a loser franchise.
You need to stop stealing Luke's shtick.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
With Fields gone and Shumpert's knee still exploded, getting J.R. back on the cheap was the best they were going to do. He's going to wind up a necessary evil this coming year, and hopefully they can pick up someone else as well along the way.
for smith , he still just 26 on a decent team with a hole at the 2, if he makes good he could put himself in line for a big contract in 2013.

chances are he'll get about 15 a game through January and the # will slowly shrink as shumpert gets his legs under him, if iman has a setback its big minutes all season for smith .

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I always think about when this dope was with the Hornets. That team desperately needed him to be their starting SG and he did alright offensively, but the moron wouldn't even pretend to play defense. If he'd just let Byron Scott think he was trying a little he probably would have ended up with a huge contract right off his rookie deal. Paul was getting him tons of open shots and all his stupid ass had to do was stop feuding with Scott long enough to get his minutes. His attitude and unwillingness to play on the other end has probably cost him about 30 million dollars by now.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
He took some of the dumbest shots you'll ever see in that Knicks-Heat debacle. I feel like he probably owes the Knicks money for that performance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts