Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kwame could be out 2 weeks..

Power forward Kwame Brown, who suffered a strained right hamstring Friday night during the 97-91 loss to the Clippers, will be sidelined for up to two weeks.

Coach Phil Jackson said the break may actually benefit Brown, who has been ineffective and lacking in confidence.

"He needs to take the pressure off him so he can come back and play the game the way we anticipate he can play," Jackson said.

For tonight's game against the Chicago Bulls, Brown's replacement probably will be Brian Cook or, if the Lakers decide to go small, Devean George.

George and Chris Mihm, both nursing sore ankles, were held out of Saturday's practice.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yeah, the time off should do him good.

He really needs to start contributing on a regular basis for us...

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Poor Kwame, Honestly guys what do you guys think is wrong with him? I mean he has the skills...You guys think its a confidence problem or something?

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Poor Kwame, Honestly guys what do you guys think is wrong with him? I mean he has the skills...You guys think its a confidence problem or something?

yup, same thing that was wrong with Darko, Kwame needs a boost in confidence, and it seems like giving him a chance to play isn't doing it, so he just may be hard headed :whoknows:

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
qrich1fan said:
yup, same thing that was wrong with Darko, Kwame needs a boost in confidence, and it seems like giving him a chance to play isn't doing it, so he just may be hard headed :whoknows:
Maybe what he needs is some Zen like teachings.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
So Kwame is out, Slava is out, Walton is out and, Mihm and George are playing hurt. It might be time to say good bye to Devin Green and bring in Blount.

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Laker Freak said:
So Kwame is out, Slava is out, Walton is out and, Mihm and George are playing hurt. It might be time to say good bye to Devin Green and bring in Blount.

Or maybe we can bring Sean Kemp !!!! :)

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Or maybe we can bring Sean Kemp !!!! :)
why not Mamadou N`Diaye? lol . . he had a highlight last year on sports center with a block on Shaq :biggrin:

but seriously, i thought Miles had the lowest bball IQ in the league, but i guess i was wrong

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Livingston is a stick, poor guy has a horrid NBA body. If Bynum is anything like Livingston has been I'd trade him now. And that's coming from a huge Livingston supporter who has come to the unfortunate conclusion that Livingston is never going to be healthy. I hope he can turn it around like Big Z and Camby have recently.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Poor Kwame? More like poor team because we are really beat up right now:...

Mihm sore ankle
George sore ankle
Kobe sore index finger
Odom sore shoulder
kwame pulled hamstring
Walton sore...something

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Kwame just isn't a good basketball player, he's a great athlete for sure, but as a basketball player he's just not up to par with the expectations. He shows flashes of what he can do because of pure athleticism, but can't put it together all at once. Just because the potential is there doesn't mean it'll lead to anything.

That's the problem with drafting guys so young, you never know what you'll get... sometimes a Kevin Garnett, sometimes a Kwame Brown.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Hopefully he rehabs hard and comes back and has to EARN his spot back, not have it handed to him. And hopefully he won't ***** about it like he did in Washington.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
if he starts pouting when he comes back

we should ban him for the season like the eagles did to T.O.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts