Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
2221 - 2240 of 2263 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Is that Wright State?
No it’s not Wright State. The Nutter Center is about a 30 minute drive, but it’s probably better than driving 70 miles to watch MAAC basketball. It would be good for res too because he can visit the Air Force Museum and Hall of Fame before games.

I’m not making fun of the AF Museum because it rocks. I think res would enjoy it

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Perryville is in KY? No?

It was a good thing that Massachusetts was permitless carry in ‘75 otherwise we wouldn’t have kicked British ass at Concord
There really wasn't that much ass kicking done at Lexington and Concord if memory serves. Not to mention that the militia was like double the strength of the British force in the area at the time.

The retreat back into Boston and being surrounded is what screwed the British big time.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
There really wasn't that much ass kicking done at Lexington and Concord if memory serves. Not to mention that the militia was like double the strength of the British force in the area at the time.

The retreat back into Boston and being surrounded is what screwed the British big time.
yeah, but they didn’t take our guns did they?

you know what George Washington always said … “mess with the bull and you get the horns”

or was that “Don’t Tread On Me”

·
Registered
Iona Gaels
430 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Just finished a history of the revolution about a month ago and this is spot on. They didn't take our guns because we moved them from the storehouse where the British thought they'd be. We were outnumbered like 10-1 at Lexington and the British officer in charge ordered us to disperse which we started to do when someone fired a shot. To this day no one knows who. We ended up with a couple of dead guys and the British went on to Concord, didn't find the armory, retreated and that's when we picked off a few of them on their way back to Boston. Then militias from Mass, Connecticut, and RI surrounded them and when Washington got there we occupied the heights at Dorchester, which caused the British abandon the city. This core group became the Continental Army under Washington. They were supported by local militias throughout the war which were pretty much unreliable.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,298 Posts
There is nobody worth adding right now. Who actually moves the needle and helps get the league back to 3-4 bids per year? Nobody. Loyola Chicago—given their market, program infrastructure, and big tournament success—was the last no-brainer.

The list of schools from whom I’d even answer a phone call to politely decline (for now) doesn’t even reach five. Belmont, Vermont, and maybe Charleston.

·
Piker
11,241 Posts
There is nobody worth adding right now. Who actually moves the needle and helps get the league back to 3-4 bids per year? Nobody. Loyola Chicago—given their market, program infrastructure, and big tournament success—was the last no-brainer.

The list of schools from whom I’d even answer a phone call to politely decline (for now) doesn’t even reach five. Belmont, Vermont, and maybe Charleston.
Personally I think that there should be less schools.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,298 Posts
Personally I think that there should be less schools.
Yeah, but we know that won’t happen. In hindsight, I’m not really sure why we needed a second DMV school (with all respect to the GMU program, which I admire) with our current size. With LUC, we’d be sitting at a solid 14. That’s pissing into the wind, though.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

Vermont? I have family in that state and like the place and yes, Catamount basketball has been quite successful for some time now and they are going to build a new arena for them. But, that new arena will only seat 3200. Not exactly A10 standards.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,298 Posts
Vermont? I have family in that state and like the place and yes, Catamount basketball has been quite successful for some time now and they are going to build a new arena for them. But, that new arena will only seat 3200. Not exactly A10 standards.
Yeah. I’m grasping at straws. That tells you everything you need to know about further A10 expansion. It makes little to no sense.

Really, if you read McGlade’s quotes, this is total clickbait by Rothstein. He asked the expansion question, Bernie gave the boilerplate “we’re always looking to improve the league and keeping our eyes open”, and now it’s a story?

Unless Temple is walking through that door, which I highly doubt, then we need to be standing pat. 15 is already too many.

2221 - 2240 of 2263 Posts