Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
2241 - 2260 of 2263 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vermont? I have family in that state and like the place and yes, Catamount basketball has been quite successful for some time now and they are going to build a new arena for them. But, that new arena will only seat 3200. Not exactly A10 standards.
Just a little devils advocate...UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse has a capacity of only 3500 after its 45MM renno.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I mean we're not grabbing a 16th just for fun. It was likely just a "we're not saying it'll never happen" just in case it does happen so she couldn't be called out for "lying" earlier. If the AAC explodes and Temple says "we want back in the A10" that would likely be the one way to get to 16 unless something completely crazy happens...not that the AAC exploding wouldn't be completely crazy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe but they would also look at programs left hanging out to dry in the American.
I don't think teams in the American are going to leave, most likely due to TV deals. IMHO
Just saying there are some schools with the basketball programs like Belmont or Murray State, Wichita I think has larger aspirations if anything. If you have to go lower than those 3 in terms of basketball prowess, the money UD has put into facilities is better than anything else you will find. they need to spend a bit more money at the basketball program. Football isn't as big of a risk as you think, no conference would take them.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I mean we're not grabbing a 16th just for fun. It was likely just a "we're not saying it'll never happen" just in case it does happen so she couldn't be called out for "lying" earlier. If the AAC explodes and Temple says "we want back in the A10" that would likely be the one way to get to 16 unless something completely crazy happens...not that the AAC exploding wouldn't be completely crazy.
She could have made a comment like “we’re not actively looking for another member, but if the right opportunity is available blah, blah, blah”

The A10 doesn’t have to worry about membership numbers. The conference would have schools lining up to join if members left. We don’t have to go the safety in numbers route. Like you said something crazy needs to happen to go to 16

2241 - 2260 of 2263 Posts