Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally Id love to be the GM of this team. A team with a great tradition. why cant I be the hero and bring them back to greatness?

Indiana trades: PG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes)
Indiana receives: C Kendrick Perkins (2.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 3.5 minutes)
SF Walter McCarty (7.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 24.7 minutes)
PG Gary Payton (14.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +12.8 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +4.9 apg.

Boston trades: C Kendrick Perkins (2.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 3.5 minutes)
SF Walter McCarty (7.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 24.7 minutes)
PG Gary Payton (14.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.5 minutes)
Boston receives: PG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 81 games)
SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 21 games)
Change in team outlook: -12.8 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and -4.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Welcome to the young talents of Bender and Jones.
Also here comes your center Memphis. Raef Lafrentz and the retiring Rick Fox plus a first round pick for a sign and trade with Stromile Swift and Mike Miller. Millers long term deal is gone along with their log jam at G/f. Plus they get their center
So now Welcome Miller and Swift. So now what. Well the best thing you can do is make your team deep... because you really dont know what all these guys are going to bring to the table.
in Free agency sign Keon Clark.

So many possible lineups now. And so hard to chose. Being deep can be a really good thing.

Centers are Blount Clarke and even stromile swift

PFs Jefferson Swift Gugliotta maybe even bender reed?

Forwards (some that can play guard as well) Davis bender mike miller Allen

guards pierce banks jones west welsch

Deep team. Does that make things not so gloomy for the future of the team?

Stromile Swift C reserve Blount
Jefferson PF Keon Clarke
Mike Miller 6th man Ricky Davis
Pierce reserve welsch
Fred Jones or Marcus Banks

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
That Memphis deal won't happen. I don't like the odds of the Bender deal taking place either. But I would love that Memphis deal.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
You and your trades. LOL. You have more trades than anyone in the world and most of them have no chance in hell of happening.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
The Celtics should just keep GP, he can play well for you for one season, get his stock back up, then use him in a sign and trade deal to a team that he wants to go to...

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!

The Celtics should just keep GP, he can play well for you for one season, get his stock back up, then use him in a sign and trade deal to a team that he wants to go to...
Gary Payton won't likely report to the Celtics based on his recent statements.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
You and your trades. LOL. You have more trades than anyone in the world and most of them have no chance in hell of happening.
Memphis wants a center. Indiana would love GP. And Id bet GP would play for them. Its called brainstorming. Theories. Playing out senerios. Why not. Thats all this is. Its a damn sports board.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Originally posted by <b>nbanoitall</b>!

Memphis wants a center. Indiana would love GP. And Id bet GP would play for them. Its called brainstorming. Theories. Playing out senerios. Why not. Thats all this is. Its a damn sports board.
Memphis wants a center, but not LaFrentz. He's been injured and he's got a huge long contract.

Also, their team is about versatility and Mike Miller got minutes at both guard positions and small forward last season. I don't think he's available.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Bender and Jones....if Kendrick turns out decent which I think he will I would never touch that deal neither of those guys is anything special, they are not even starters in Indiana.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
Bender and Jones....if Kendrick turns out decent which I think he will I would never touch that deal neither of those guys is anything special, they are not even starters in Indiana.
Who on your team outside of Pierce would start for Indy? Statements like that dont work when your in not even close to the other teams talent level.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
I wouldn't either.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!

Who on your team outside of Pierce would start for Indy? Statements like that dont work when your in not even close to the other teams talent level.
Other than J O'Neill and Artest, maybe Stephen Jackson, I don't think your team is all that great, honestly, I don't see that as an NBA championship caliber team, sorry. I think Indy should have made more moves over the summer and stood too still instead. You still don't have a decent PG, you still don't have a high caliber Center. Your bench is getting older (how long can Reggie Miller keep producing for, not much longer). I really think Detroit is light years ahead of Indy right now and Miami is on par or close to it. I'm not trying to be wise either, that's just an outsiders perspective on it.

Billups
B Wallace
R Wallace
McDyss
Prince
Hamilton
Milicic
Hunter
Delfino
Campbell
Ham

I just don't see Indy stacking up with that, that's a well balanced team with no real weak spot.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Other than J O'Neill and Artest, maybe Stephen Jackson, I don't think your team is all that great, honestly, I don't see that as an NBA championship caliber team, sorry. I think Indy should have made more moves over the summer and stood too still instead. You still don't have a decent PG, you still don't have a high caliber Center. Your bench is getting older (how long can Reggie Miller keep producing for, not much longer). I really think Detroit is light years ahead of Indy right now and Miami is on par or close to it. I'm not trying to be wise either, that's just an outsiders perspective on it.

Billups
B Wallace
R Wallace
McDyss
Prince
Hamilton
Milicic
Hunter
Delfino
Campbell
Ham

I just don't see Indy stacking up with that, that's a well balanced team with no real weak spot.
While I think we are on par with Detriot, I wont argue your opinion since its the popular one.

But, the players on Detroit have nothing to do with Indy and the Celts. I asked who on your team could start for us outside of Pierce? I dont think anyone realy, although alot of people who arent Pacers fans dont rate Tinsley as high as we do.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I doubt that Indiana would do this deal... They refuse to involve Bender in Dampier proposals (Mullin LOVE Bender...), so why they'll involve Bender and Fred in a trade for Payton?

And about Memphis deal, I doubt it too... Honestly, if Stro was an unrestricted FA, maybe it works, but he isn't.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by <b>Zuca</b>!
Honestly, if Stro was an unrestricted FA, maybe it works, but he isn't.
heard of sign and trade?

how bad does bird want to win next year. pretty bad. I wouldnt be shocked to see the Indiana deal either

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

While I think we are on par with Detriot, I wont argue your opinion since its the popular one.

But, the players on Detroit have nothing to do with Indy and the Celts. I asked who on your team could start for us outside of Pierce? I dont think anyone realy, although alot of people who arent Pacers fans dont rate Tinsley as high as we do.
I think Blount is better than Foster. I think Tinsley is a back-up PG at best but I don't think we have anyone better than him either so I can't say anything there, GP might be but he's not gonna play for us so I don't count him. Al Jefferson could be Jermaine O'Neill like in a couple years but no, not at this point of course. Peirce of course is good for any team. Raef if healthy (big if) is not bad, the knock on him is his contract.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts

I'd take Blount over Foster and Ricky Davis or Jiri Welsch over Reggie Miller, who according to most Pacers fans, will start at the 2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts