Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those whom were watching what did you think of the refs going to the replay to over turn Carter's shot clock violation 3?

I'm sure the rules don't allow it, as there was some time on the clock, so it wasn't a quarter ending shot.

-Petey

·
Registered
609 Posts
well it was a shotclock violation, so the basket should not have counted.

the rule is just stupid. If they see in the replay that the shotclock expires, they should make the correct call.

I think its a fair call, but it must be an expectation for whenever this happens again. If I see refs let it go next time, then i'm upset.

------------

On a side note, game 3 of the 98 playoffs, the bulls won at the buzzer with an alley oop from out of bounds. The reason this occured is that the nets only had four players on the floor. Should that have been allowed? I guess so...if the ball is given to the opposition, and nets are stupid enough to only have four players on the court, it is the nets fault.

...However, the lakers did the same thing in the playoffs i think 2 years ago, where they only had 4 players on the court, and the refs basically allowed a "Do Over"....This is a situation that can not happen in the NBA, there can not be a double standard......

This is why the refs must make the call about the shotclock from now.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hihofink said:
On a side note, game 3 of the 98 playoffs, the bulls won at the buzzer with an alley oop from out of bounds. The reason this occured is that the nets only had four players on the floor. Should that have been allowed? I guess so...if the ball is given to the opposition, and nets are stupid enough to only have four players on the court, it is the nets fault.
:cry:

Such bad memories...

Looking foward to more playoff success with this squad in the future.

hihofink said:
This is why the refs must make the call about the shotclock from now.
I fully understand, but the rules do not permit this, what if this had cost us the game?

-Petey

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
If they had cost the nets the game, I would have been pissed. They were bad calls, but since it didn't hurt the outcome, it doesn't bother me too much.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
actually, there was only time put back on the clock because it was a shot clock violation. if it had counted, it would have been a quarter-ending field goal, and as such, reviewable under the instant replay rule. now what i don't know if is what ian said was right, if they're only allowed to look at the game clock and not the shot clock.

on a side note, what about that extra point the nets got against memphis, when kidd's two-pointer was called a 3 by the scoreboard operator? the
teams and refs never noticed that, did they? i've never seen that before.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lukewarmplay said:
actually, there was only time put back on the clock because it was a shot clock violation. if it had counted, it would have been a quarter-ending field goal, and as such, reviewable under the instant replay rule. now what i don't know if is what ian said was right, if they're only allowed to look at the game clock and not the shot clock.

on a side note, what about that extra point the nets got against memphis, when kidd's two-pointer was called a 3 by the scoreboard operator? the
teams and refs never noticed that, did they? i've never seen that before.
I think the official scorer would normally correct that.

-Petey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts