Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Trail Blazers abruptly dismissed general manager Rich Cho on Monday, after less than a year on the job.

"I think over the course of time that Rich has been here, there was the realization that the chemistry just wasn't there, and we didn't feel it was going to get any better moving forward," Blazers President Larry Miller told The Associated Press.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6580405

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My thoughts here are surprise. I thought CHO was doing a fine job as the Blazers GM. It seems after the Blazers let go of Pritchard, they went completely in the other direction of a personality/GM when the Blazers hired Cho. Pritch was a bit brash, thought highly of himself, and talked about it openly, was always available to the media here in Portland. I personally see the moves Cho made for the Blazers were excellent. Cho was much more a soft spoken, kept to himself, and just went about his business. So they moved away from Pritchard, and hired Cho.

I guess what the Blazers may just end up getting is one of Paul Allen's buddies. Especially since they Blazers are basically just hanging on to chemistry being the issue they fired Cho. Just frustrating, I'm tired of this open door thats going on in the Blazers organization. The Blazers need continuity through out the organization.

This next GM hire will be the 4th GM in what the past five seasons ? - shaking my head -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts