Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone actually think we got the better deal in the Rip trade? Hamilton is young and has potential, but my opinion is that once you put him on a winning team without Jordan, he will be a flop. I think that trade will come back to hurt us. I think that they should at least have gotten someone who can play. Like Jason Terry.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
In the short term maybe we take a slight hit but we should be better in a year or two. This has been beaten to death by everybody including me but Stack wasn't a great playoff perfomer and not to say rip is but in the playoffs they cut the lanes off and made stack take jumpers and it was a debacle. I heard a great comparision of him and reggie miller now obviously he has a long long way to even reach reggies level but they are much the same guys who don't drive to the hoop much, don't create their own shot, but can stroke the J. Again trying not to beat another dead horse Joe D had to try to get something for stack and this was the best deal that had come along.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Heres a good article about the trades Detroit News

BTW break up those lions they won this week and can't lose next week all I have to say is start printing the playoffs tickets :laugh:

A 2nd BTW Mr Mehmet Okur came into my work on saturday during the day (best buy in Utica in case your wondering also he spent close to 10 grand must be nice to be getting that nba paycheck) I was going to approach him but I didn't really have anything to say at least off the top of my head and I was not sure how good his english is so I didn't want to start asking him questions and make him uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Rip is a scorer, not a shooter. He can hit the curl off the screen with one or two dribbles and has quick ups to get his shot off. When he is on, he will pump fake that and get to the line, or just shoot over anybody.

He does not stretch the defense as you would think, and when he is on, he needs to be fed the ball in spots to score. He is a primary scorer, with secondary scorer's mentality.

I think if someone else on the Pistons can be a legit scorer, Rip will thrive, and be a good option during the course of a game, if not at the end or in the crunch. Billups is the obvious choice, so I think he is the key more than Rip. Rip can put up his numbers, but the Pistons' future is going to be found elsewhere.

I miss him already. Oh well.

Someone archive this thread. You are going to learn to love Rip's game, and accept his limitations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts