Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think if the Wolves can ink Ricky Davis, they will be able to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. That would give them Brandon, Davis, Wally, KG, and Rasho. If they can retain this lineup, they'll be pretty good. But that all depends on Brandon's health and their decision on keeping Wally. Hopefully they trade Wally to the Wizards though

Here's the proof of the posibility of him going to Minn.

It seems talks with Cavs free agent Ricky Davis have gone as far as they are going to go. The Cavs have a 4-year deal on the table, and Davis wants a six-year deal. Rumor has it Minnesota may ink Davis to a 6-year offer sheet using their median exception and force Cleveland to make a decision. The Cavs would have the right and ability to match the deal, but because Cleveland has held tight to the 4-year benchmark, if Minnesota goes 6 years on an offer sheet they may land him. Cleveland would pay less money initially, but be on the hook for a longer period meaning a decision would have to be made. The Cavs maintain that keeping Davis is a priority, but a league source indicated on Friday that the Cavs seem like they have made their best offer and Davis’ people have had talks with Minnesota and Denver.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Cavs do not want to have a long term contract but it is still unlikely that they will let Davis go for nothing. More than likely they will match the offer and see if you are interested in attempting a trade.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think if the Wolves can ink Ricky Davis, they will be able to get past the 1st round of the playoffs.
I don't think they will get past the Lakers, Kings, Tim Duncan (I mean the Spurs), or Dallas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts