Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic win for Rider and the MAAC, as the Broncs built a 17 point lead only to see BU come back within 5 points late in the 2nd half.

Rider was led by Jason Thompson's 19 points and 9 boards while Muniz followed with a double-double of 16 points and 10 boards.

Rider outrebounded the tall Terriers 46-41.

Rider frosh Harris Mansell chipped in with 7 points with 6 boards and 1 assist off the bench.

I LOVE RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GO RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
It's a good win, no doubt, but "fantastic" is a bit much. Boston U wasn't even picked to win the AE. Still, congrats. Isn't this the MAAC's first win vs the AE since 03-04?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BU was picked for AE runner-up and is a very good team. It was a very nice win for the conference and proves that Rider is a top MAAC team. Rider led this game by double-digits for most of it. Credit youth and BU for making it game at the end. I believe the MAAC record against the AE has been terrible in recent years.

·
Registered
319 Posts
And you doubted my prediction (well, at least this one I got right). Nice solid win for Rider. We need someone to carry the MAAC in OOC and Rider is getting it done!!!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
GuyF said:
It's a good win, no doubt, but "fantastic" is a bit much. Boston U wasn't even picked to win the AE. Still, congrats. Isn't this the MAAC's first win vs the AE since 03-04?
Good win by Rider, and no Guy Niagara beat Binghamton in the first game of the year, so its the MAAC's second win over the AE

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Ah. Thanks, Tony.

Oh, Raver: there's a huge difference between "very nice" and "fantastic". An Iona win over ISU tonight would fall under "fantastic", no?

·
Registered
319 Posts
GuyF said:
Ah. Thanks, Tony.

Oh, Raver: there's a huge difference between "very nice" and "fantastic". An Iona win over ISU tonight would fall under "fantastic", no?
Actually, an Iona win over Iowa State would be just fabulous! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, GuyF, Rider's win wasn't fantastic, but it very solid. Need I remind you that Michigan beat them by 5, Rider beat them by 7 and was blowing them out most of the game.

Unless Iowa State throws up a total lame duck effort at home, IJC loses by 20-25 points.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Attendance: 1026 per the Boxscore

UGH!!! RiderRaver or Beagle, what is Rider doing to attract more fans to the games? Are they doing anything to increase local interest?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would NOT call it a home job. BU did a terrible job penetrating Rider's 3-2 zone and getting to the foul line. BU did not impress me.

That said, I think every MAAC team's best player when playing Rider will be Terrance Mouton. That guy sucks. He's Tommy Mitchell-light. Can't shoot. 3 TOs, 1 assist today, and his shooting percentage was in the 30s. Mouton doesn't even bring the ball up against the press. Rider will always have problems putting games away because their guards can't handle the ball.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Unless Iowa State throws up a total lame duck effort at home, IJC loses by 20-25 points.
Because you stated it this way, it now enables you to avoid eating crow, because you'll blame the loss on Iowa State and not credit Iona.

However, even the ISU posters on their board are talking about how the team didn't blow it, they just got outplayed.

Get used to this, Raver. It's only the beginning.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct, GuyF, ISU is not any good at all. I listen to the game, they couldn't even hit a free throw. Hey good win for the MAAC, doesn't matter it was the Big 12, but Rider or any other MAAC team would have beaten them tonight, look at Portland State.

Perhaps IJC is slightly more competitive than I projected, however, I don't see much talent on the roster. The other two games against Howard and those powerful Vikings are better indications how good you are. Let's see how you so against Rider.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
I cannot even seriously reply to this post. So I shall say "blah blah blah" and move on, as it is the only countermeasure for your posting style.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude, I cannot deny that it is a nice win the conference. Let's just see where you are in another 5 games or so, and more importantly, let's see how those upcoming MAAC games pan out.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I'd give Rider a compliment on the OOC win - why bait another poster? you know it's just going to make things worse. i don't care if you don't like him, and i don't care about your feelings towards him. keep it to yourself

Also, the fact that Rider drew 1,026 is simply awful.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
soup was wrong for his statement, but you're reaction was unneeded as much as his comment was unneeded. - TM

Rider students are on Thanksgiving break. Let's see the attendance at the Nova game this week.

GO RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
TM said:
goes to show you how many of their regulars are students.

Their GYM holds 1650. To not sell it out, at anytime during the season, goes to show there is little interest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts