Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rip by coach sets off Terry

Terry was angered during practice Wednesday when he said an assistant coach told him he hasn't played hard in three weeks. Terry wouldn't reveal the assistant's name.

"That's the low point for me," Terry said. "I ain't never heard that in my career. That's unheard of. If that's how you want to motivate somebody or muster up some wins, that's not how you do it."

Terry scored eight points off the bench in Sacramento, playing limited minutes for the second consecutive game after catching the flu in Denver.

"I still got the flu," Terry said. "I come out, give what I give in practice, and you still don't say I'm going hard? This is ridiculous."

Terry is averaging just 16.2 points and 5.1 assists this season, his lowest scoring average since his rookie year and his lowest assist average in two seasons. In the past 10 games, Terry is averaging just 11.6 points and 4.2 assists and shooting 40.9 percent. Stotts didn't question the effort of his point guard.

"I think he's trying," Stotts said. "I think everybody is capable of doing better. We're all dealing with losing. Trying is the first step. You can play hard and not always play well."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.