Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
This is a great thread, he may not hear us, but let's post a message to show our heart to him and his family, I will make this thread stays at the top for awhile so everyone can see it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Chick was a legend and will be missed by us all.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
We'll miss ya Chick, thanks for the great memories!!!

Originally posted in the Laker Forum/Threads...

This is a very, very sad day in L.A. and I'm sure it's been heard across the nation as well. this is very hard to accept on behalf of the fans, the Laker family and the NBA. It's gonna be very difficult to watch & listen to another the Laker game on KCAL9 (Lakers station) without hearing chick's voice.

He'll be missed greatly and all we have now is the wonderful memories he has left behind......much love and respect to one of the greatest announcers of the sportsworld, Rest in Peace Chick!!!

:cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
RIP, was one of the better announcers in all of sports and I'm sure he'll be missed by Laker fans and all basketball fans in general.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
RIP buddy,

you brought the game of basketball to many,

i never was fortunate enough to hear your majestic voice call the lakers' names, but i know with that smile you brightened many peoples days.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Chick Hearn was like a monument to Laker players and fans representing the team as its definitive voice ,Like all great Laker legends he will never be forgotten so with that, the jello is jiggling, the butter's getting hard and the refrigerator 's door is permanetly closed. RIP

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
RIP :cry: We'll miss you!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
The Laker games are going to be hard to listen to without Chick there calling the game, the true voice of the Lakers. :(

I wanted to say this over:

<b>...the jello is jiggling, the butter's getting hard and the refrigerator 's door is permanetly closed. RIP</b>

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
A very sad day not only for Laker fans, but for all of basketball. To a man whose voice I've listened to for over 20 years, you'll always be remembered.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Re: Chick-Isms

Originally posted by <b>Ron</b>!
This guy compiled every single "Chick-Ism" ... I mean, he had to. Is there any he missed here? It goes on and on and on...check it out.

http://www.armory.com/~lew/sports/basketball/chick.html
That is so good I had to bookmark the site just so I can go there anytime I would need a chickism!

Chick was a rare human being and the rarest of announcers. Glad you have an avatar for anyone who wants to honor his memory.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts