Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19 points (48%), 8.6 assists and 5.5 rebounds per game.

The guy has been pretty amazing the last 6 games or so, posting near triple doubles in 3 of those 6 games. He took a lot of heat from fans for things like his turnovers, selfishness, shooting slump (my personal beef) 19 points (on 48% shooting), 8.6 assists and 5.5 rebounds per game but... like always he's showing up when it matters the most.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
It's nice to see him handle the ball so well. The whole offense just seems to open up when he has the ball. Billups has been doing a nice job shooting as the off guard. Hopefully though Rip is shooting well going into the playoffs. We will need his offense to open the floor up against Miami.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have really been on Rips case cause of his turnovers lately, and its nice to see him come around and put together a few very nice games. I can live with up to 3 turns a game, if he is playing like he has lately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rip did have a nice stretch of games where he was playing very well, but that definitely ended last night. I hate to see Rip struggle with his ball handling and with shooting. It is very true that when Rip is playing well, the Pistons are a very difficult team to beat, because the defense is all worried about him. But, when he has an off night, like he did last night, the whole offense seems to stop.
It was great to see Chauncy step up and take over the game at the end, but heading into the playoffs, we really need Rip to get it together.
He was on fire in the playoffs last year, so I have no doubt that he will get things going again once the playoffs start. Rip seems to always play huge in big games, so I have confidence that he will do it again in the playoffs this year.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I am pretty sure that last night was rip's worst game this season. He couldn't make a basket and tried to force too many things.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Last night almost every player on each team played bad. Billups and Arroyo both had some very nice moments. Rip will get his shot together, it just takes time. Like a good shooter would tell you, the only way to get out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kamego said:
Last night almost every player on each team played bad. Billups and Arroyo both had some very nice moments. Rip will get his shot together, it just takes time. Like a good shooter would tell you, the only way to get out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting.

Yup, good shooters will find a way out of a slump. Especially guys like Rip who excels when the game and/or season is on the line. He hit a big shot near the end of the fourth quarter even though up until that point he had only made 1 field goal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts