1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
What else is new

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
For a team that already struggles to score, this is not a good thing. I hope Jimmy Butler has been working on his jumper... because I would guess that he's more likely to find a reliable offensive game than Bellineli is to find a serviceable defensive game.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
For a team that already struggles to score, this is not a good thing. I hope Jimmy Butler has been working on his jumper... because I would guess that he's more likely to find a reliable offensive game than Bellineli is to find a serviceable defensive game.
And I saw a tweet from Mike McGraw that adding another player right isn't going to happen because of the hard cap.

I don't quite understand all that.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
And I saw a tweet from Mike McGraw that adding another player right isn't going to happen because of the hard cap.

I don't quite understand all that.
During the offseason, it was reported that we couldn't sign a guy until 9 games deep. I'm guessing some incentive or unreported salary was counted after the initial reports.

The last I've heard, and I have not verified the accuracy is that we would not be able to add a vet min guy until Januray 11th without shedding this year's cap space in some way.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Belinelli just needed a chance, is all.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
I haven't followed the league as closely this year. How is Mr. Belinelli? Is he a capable SG - possibly long term? He seems to put up good numbers in the past 3 games.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I haven't followed the league as closely this year. How is Mr. Belinelli? Is he a capable SG - possibly long term? He seems to put up good numbers in the past 3 games.

If you believe the last 3 games are his normal production, sure, but I think we need a much bigger sample size to believe this is the "real" Marco and the guy who played poorly earlier in the year was not. It's probably somewhere in between.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
If all you need him to do is shoot and score I think Belinelli can handle a spot in the starting lineup... he won't always shoot as well as he has been shooting, but you can buy time with him at the 2 if you surround him with decent defenders (Hinrich, Deng and Noah would qualify). That being said, he doesn't really defend at an NBA level and is not a long term solution (lest someone misinterpret my tepid support... since that tends to happen around here if you are complimentary of a Bulls player) at the 2 based on what I've seen.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Tonight's game against the Clips will be a big test. He's got to keep an eye on Crawford, and also make JC work on D.

I'm predicting he'll fail, but if he can stay even with JC, we've got a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts