Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks like you beat me to the punch by a minute. Sorry for the double thread.

@EvanDanielsFOX: Wow RT @BWeixScout As @PorterMoser tweeted, I confirmed through multiple sources that former #SLU coach Rick Majerus has passed away

Sorry to hear. Good coach! Great career!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
RIP Coach Majerus, a great teacher of the game, you truly saw how his teams improved each year. Also, liked seeing him on TV. Sad news.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
What a loss to the college basketball world... back in Marquette's glory days Majerus was the x's and o's guy while al mcquire was the figure head of the team.. alot of people credit him as the brains behind the operation.. his success at Utah was also very impressive, that school was nothing before him and hasnt been anything since he left. He kind of fell off the national radar over the last few years but his impact was grand.. RIP to my fellow wisconsinite

·
Registered
269 Posts
RIP Coach Majerus. He was an excellent game day coach and his teams always played hard. As a UD fan, I will never forget watching him school Brain Gregory...year after year!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Extremely sad news. Awful to lose a great coach that truly cared about his athletes the way Majerus did. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family, friends, and those who played under him.

·
Registered
269 Posts
On a side note, Majerus's name was a name that was mentioned when Donoher was fired at UD. Instead UD hired Jim O'Brien and set the program back 15 years. Oh what could have been...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
unbelievable coach, and got to see him coach against URI on a few occasions

·
Registered
724 Posts
RIP coach...sad day for college basketball. I'm sure Skip will welcome him to the coaching fraternity upstairs.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Valpo should postpone their game tomorrow at SLU

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts
More than any other coach, college basketball was Majerus' life. That said he was also a devoted son.

The world seems a little less vibrant with his passing.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
One of the most underrated terrific coaches of our times. What he did at Ball State and Utah was remarkable. Heart goes out to his players. RIP coach.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts