Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, Celtics SG Paul Pierce told coach Doc Rivers what he already knew but had been hesitant to admit: The season is over, and it's time to give G/F Gerald Green (among others) regular playing time. Pierce, after all, might be around Boston longer than Doc: Rumors persist that Rivers might walk away after the season. The coach has denied it and says he loves the work environment in Boston, but he enjoys broadcasting and doesn't like living 1,200 miles away from his family. . . .

woohooo bring back jimmy obrien!!!!

·
Premium Member
26,981 Posts
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
Pierce, after all, might be around Boston longer than Doc: Rumors persist that Rivers might walk away after the season. The coach has denied it and says he loves the work environment in Boston, but he enjoys broadcasting and doesn't like living 1,200 miles away from his family. . .
****tease. ----Please use another "term" Whiterhino

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'd rather have O'Bie than Glenn, to be honest.

Reactions: Floods

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
I'd rather have O'Bie than Glenn, to be honest.
Why? So he can **** on the development of our youngsters even more than Doc does? Doc may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he does give the youngsters (at least the ones he likes) lots of playing time, something that Obie won't. Also I really don't feel like watching our team regress into the 3-point hucking basketball team of a couple years ago. I mean really haven't we been the top 5 in FG% all season long? The problem has been turnovers and defense. Bring in Obie and it just shifts. The problem then would be low FG% from jacking up tons of 3s and we'll still have a lot of turnovers and the defense may improve a little.

Premier, who, if any, good coaches are out there on the market if Doc does indeed walk?

·
**** the clippers
16,458 Posts
Last week, Celtics SG Paul Pierce told coach Doc Rivers what he already knew but had been hesitant to admit: The season is over, and it's time to give G/F Gerald Green (among others) regular playing time. Pierce, after all, might be around Boston longer than Doc: Rumors persist that Rivers might walk away after the season. The coach has denied it and says he loves the work environment in Boston, but he enjoys broadcasting and doesn't like living 1,200 miles away from his family. . . .
:djparty:

#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
woohooo bring back jimmy obrien!!!!
:no: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO

·
Registered
527 Posts
You guys know that if Doc does quit Ainge is going to give the job to Tony Brown right? They are already talking about Brown being a candidate for any openings that come up after the season, if Doc left Brown would get the job. Could be worse they were actually considering Paul Westphal before they hired Doc.

·
Premium Member
26,981 Posts
vandyke said:
You guys know that if Doc does quit Ainge is going to give the job to Tony Brown right? They are already talking about Brown being a candidate for any openings that come up after the season, if Doc left Brown would get the job. Could be worse they were actually considering Paul Westphal before they hired Doc.
I am not opposed to Brown getting the job, so long as it's sometime in the middle of the 2006-07 season. And only so that there's an 03-04-style implosion that gives them the inside track on a top 5 pick in the Oden/Durant/Wright draft.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Tony Brown = M.L. Carr-esque tank season, which at this point, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to if it meant finishing with the worst record and thus, a top three draft pick [#3 at worst, which still nets the Celtics a franchise player at this point before next year's draft].

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Premier said:
Tony Brown = M.L. Carr-esque tank season, which at this point, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to if it meant finishing with the worst record and thus, a top three draft pick [#3 at worst, which still nets the Celtics a franchise player at this point before next year's draft].

in other words...waste another one of pierces prime years...right??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.