Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if that was something that RJ has decided to focus on this year.

Anyone know?

At worst, Marion - Lite right now.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah he was definitely skying for those boards tonight, and it paid off. I wish that we had a bigman to do that though, so RJ can focus on running for the break.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i think part of it is probably just that RJ knows rebounding is where the nets are lacking so he's picking up the slack. He is a total team player.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kdub said:
Yeah he was definitely skying for those boards tonight, and it paid off. I wish that we had a bigman to do that though, so RJ can focus on running for the break.
Well, if he's crashing the board, that can't help his perimeter D either.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
kdub said:
Huh? Sorry I don't get it.
I think what Petey means is that if he's crashing the boards, he's not sticking to the perimeter player.

Crashing the boards does not guarantee you the rebound. So if he doesn't get the rebound, he'll be close to the basket and relying on someone else to rotate onto the guy he was guarding.

It's the price you pay for crashing the boards.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
furnace said:
I think what Petey means is that if he's crashing the boards, he's not sticking to the perimeter player.

Crashing the boards does not guarantee you the rebound. So if he doesn't get the rebound, he'll be close to the basket and relying on someone else to rotate onto the guy he was guarding.

It's the price you pay for crashing the boards.
Oh I see, thanks.

Yeah there's a bit of gamble there, but with what the Nets have, RJ is playing it right. It's much easier to rotate another defender than to find a good rebounder. Plus it didn't seem to be a problem today, as the Nets were just gobbling up all the long rebounds.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
kdub said:
Oh I see, thanks.

Yeah there's a bit of gamble there, but with what the Nets have, RJ is playing it right. It's much easier to rotate another defender than to find a good rebounder. Plus it didn't seem to be a problem today, as the Nets were just gobbling up all the long rebounds.
well not when you play detroit... ben and rasheed wallace are their only offensive rebounders and the rest stay on the paramatier to stop the fast break or to get an open shot! But we don't have those kind of stud rebounders so we gotta do it the hard way... team rebounding which slows down the fast break which means less easy pts which means more energy that could be spent on defense is rather spend on offense!

:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts