Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rasheed Wallace's defense and double double, plus a late 16-2 run, earn Portland another "big win"

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Five days ago, the Trail Blazers' season looked dead.

Coach Maurice Cheeks was categorizing his team as "bad," the players were pointing fingers, and the team was virtually as close to a playoff spot as they were to having the worst record in the league.

But after Wednesday's 88-76 win over Memphis, the Blazers' pulse has returned, and so has their hopes for postseason play.

"Sometimes a sense of urgency changes people's attitudes," guard Derek Anderson said.

Or maybe it's the trade that brought Darius Miles to the starting lineup. . . . or the sudden resurgence of Rasheed Wallace . . . or the return of Anderson from injury. Whatever, the Blazers are playing defense, winning on the road and finishing games in the fourth quarter -- abilities missing in the first half of the season.

Nice win over a team that is ahead of them in the playoff hunt. This is a game that Portland couldn't let slip away and they didn't. I wonder if management will let this squad gel now or if another move is on the horizon. Wallace seems to be playing better or is it the fact that I have let him suck me in once again only to have him let me down later? I guess time will tell, but wins are wins and you have to be happy as a Blazer fan right now. :yes:

Oregonlive.com

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!

.....Wallace seems to be playing better or is it the fact that I have let him suck me in once again only to have him let me down later?
Certainly, slipping Darius in at the 3 and Wallace at the 5 has played a big part. And, yes, DA has been a boon, as well.

Too little, too late? Time will tell, time will tell. For now, ENJOY!! :clap:

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Dare we say that acquiring Miles has turned our season around? It could be...

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
I like how JQuick takes the time midarticle to point out that Sheed didn't speak to him. Sheed speaks to other reporters, but has shunned Jason for years now, reportedly not respecting his methods of dishing dirt. I wish the O would get a new beat reporter who would steer clear of the self-rightous petty personal nonsense that Quick apparently feels is worthy for the fans of the team to be reminded of daily. I tune in for the hoops not the pretend soap opera.

STOMP

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Good point Stomp. I agree about Quick. Why would Sheed want to talk to him? Everything that moron writes about is negative. Some of is crap is not even right. Quick is a big-time JOKE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts