Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
You may be the ONLY person who is convinced KVH is actually a better ballplayer than rasheed..
Which history is that? The one where he rescued the Nets in game 5 vs the Pacers, or the history where he buried the Celtics in the Conference Finals?

If Kenyon Martin (an expert Finals choker himself) didn't open his mouth about KVH's performance in an NBA Finals game 4 (where the season was already over), then nobody would care.

I never said KVH was better than Rasheed Wallace. I said they were similar. Keep your pants on, swift.

Is Wallace marginally better than Van Horn? Sure.

Is the marginal increase in talent worth the addition of a locker room cancer?

No.

And don't forget that the Knicks would also be giving up Kurt Thomas and Michael Doleac for this marginal upgrade.

Doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me.

If the Knicks were willing to take headcase #1 Wallace and headcase #2 Patterson,maybe a Van Horn,Doleac,Anderson trade is possible...
What does Patterson do that Anderson doesn't? Portland doesn't want to add bad contracts. They have already stated that they would rather take Wallace's cap room than take scrubs for him.

Patterson + Wallace = 22 million

Van Horn + Anderson + Doleac = 21 million

Wallace's expiring contract = 17 million
Doleac's expiring contract = 1.5 million

Why would Portland ever agree to this trade? They're trying to dump payroll, not keep it around for another 3 years.

Dallas should trade Shimmy Walker and filler for Rasheed
What for? Antoine Walker is better equipped to handle SF than Wallace. They already have Dirk and Jamison. Why do they ned another Power Forward? They need a center.

Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!

I never said they did. I wasn't pointing out those stats to sell Van Horn on Portland fans.
I didn't mean to imply that those stats were for Portland's fans. I was suggesting that you send those stats to Portland's management, who for all those wonderful stats you've provided on Van Horn versus Rasheed still didn't want Van Horn. Even though Van Horn would have come in cheaper, a model citizen compared to Rasheed's hot headedness on the court and drug problems off the court. They wanted Kurt Thomas. Which really doesn't say much, but I thought I point that out. I'm not knocking Van Horn either. He is a valuable asset to the team. If the team is staying the same, we are going to need him a lot to be successful.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
No,they are trying not to be the Jail Blazers.......

Patterson is one of those headcases that paul allen wants out...

I have to ask you seriously..Are you OK??

First you statitically list all the stats favoring KVH over Rasheed..Then when I propose a trade of KVH and Doleac for Rasheed and a second trade to clean out Portlands inmates of Shandon for Patterson you ask why would they do that??

And now you bring up expiring contracts?????
Why did you go into this whole stats thing in the first place??
Are you implying that Portland will only trade for an expiring contract??
Do you think the trade is essentially Doleac fo Rashed and KVH as filler????

Why are you so argumentative???
Even with yourself...
Your posts totally contradict yourself just to be argumentative...
its really wierd

wow i never thought i would say this but I AGREE WITH RASHIDI

tradeing KVH for rasheed would be the most idiotic trade for the knicks. and on the other side the blazers wouldn't do it anyway...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
i would agree with him much more if i could figure out which stance he is taking:confused:

I think he favors KVH over Rasheed.......i dont like clubhouse cancers,but for pure basketball ,rasheed is a better fit for the Knicks...But Portland doesnt want KVH so its a moot point.....

I do think the knicks need a high energy guy,someone like miles...

I've read all the posts..tell me again why Wallace is better than KVH? BTW, the same guys who think Wallace is a post player and the 'Horn man is a perimeter guy who doesn't post or command double teams is not watching the games. Everytime he posts, teams cheat a defender over to him. If he is healthy (emotionally and physically) he is a better player than Wallace(all things considered)....period. If Marbury decides to encourage and support him rather than bust on him, he'll turn him into a monster.

You know it sounds like Rashidi is trying to sell keepin KVH over trading him for Rasheed. Now that I've seen the meaningful stats, I'd have to agree.

All of us would love for Van Horn to post more, but he doesn't, hence why posters, media types, and God, is calling for the Knicks to go after a post player? Again, it's not us you have to sell on Van Horn, it's Portland. I wish Rashidi, Alphadog, and whoever else espouses the virtues of Van Horn and sell Van Horn to Portland. I've very rarely seen Van Horn post. He could really help the offense every third trip to go down low and draw the doubles that people been seeing and help us get some easier baskets. When we were getting blown out by Houston by being strictly a perimeter shooting team, not once did I see the GREAT Van Horn take it upon himself to establish position down low and use his superior foot skills to get some easy baskets. If ever there was a game to set down and try to get your team some easy buckets, that game was it. At any time before the score was 23-2, Van Horn could asked for the ball down low, being he is our BEST LOW POST PLAYER, but he didn't. He kept chucking it from the outside like everyone else. Is that a player thing or is that on the coach for not calling post plays? I didn't want to give you guys an out, but I'm trying to be fair here.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
We can go back and forth all day on KVH vs Rasheed and thats the fun of being on the board..But it seems pretty clear that the people who matter most,Isiah and portlands GM both agree Rasheed is more valuable than Van Horn..Otherwise this trade would have never been initiated by thomas or turned down by portland

And for all you stat lovers..The Knock on van Horn has NEVER been jis stats..The numbers look pretty good...His D is terrible and the knock against him is he DISSAPEARS in the clutch moments..And Rashidi,before you bring up that Boston shot,keep in mind i didnt label him soft and a dissapearing act,his peers did

His D is terrible and the knock against him is he DISSAPEARS in the clutch moments..And Rashidi,before you bring up that Boston shot,keep in mind i didnt label him soft and a dissapearing act,his peers did
Ok fine, I won't mention the Boston shot. I'll mention the Pacers shot(s) that saved the Nets from extermination. All he did that game was outduel Reggie Miller. Let's bring up the statline from that elimination game.

Keith Van Horn
27 points
9-19 FG (5-8 3pt)
34 mins

Reggie Miller
31 points
10-23 FG (6-14 3pt)
49 minutes

Who are his peers? Kenyon Martin? I think it's fair to say that his peers are mighty ungrateful.

His peers claim he's got talent that goes untapped, and that's what frustrates them. Oh, and he's too willing to fade to the background.

Didn't they say the same thing about Allan Houston? I wonder how he's doing....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.