Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how much you can put into it but on live 971 tonight Rob Parker had heard from someone close to the Pistons organization that Brown is about 50/50 on coming back this year and have Gar take over for the rest of the season and playoffs...Just something to chew on for a little bit....guess his health is worse than we know

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If that is the case Joe better be on the phone with flip saunders, Mo cheeks or paul silas. I am sure LB wouldn't be happy if we fired his assistant coach but who cares.

Edit Add Rudy T to that list

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There is no way we let Gar finish the season on the bench.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Something has to change, we're going nowhere with Heard. Parker is the same guy who reported Darko would be playing ten minutes a game this year as well.

I wish LB a speedy recovery for his sake and ours.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I pray Larry come back.

There is no way we can go into the playoffs with Gar Heard coaching. But at the same time, it's far too late in the season to bring in a new coach and a new system.

If Larry can't come back, I think the best thing to do would be to start bringing people down from the rafters.

Get Chuck Daly to finish the season as the interim head coach, keep Gar and the rest of the assistants, and maybe bring on Laimbeer as well. Keep running Larry's system and everything, only with an experienced coach who knows how to manage games.

Then we can start looking at Laimbeer or whoever for next year and beyond.

Ultimately though, I pray Larry stays.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If he doesn't come back this year, then he's coached his final game in the NBA already. I don't see him coming back next year under any circumstances.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Wow. Initially one can do nothing but wish all the best for Larry Brown but after a closer look could this be a way for Brown? He's a chronic drama queen and this could just be his pretend escape from this somewhat shakey team.

Make no mistake Larry Brown will be back this year.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
My money is on Larry coming back sometime soon to finish out this season. I wish him the best. Lets just remember he is known to make dramtic comments to the media, this might just be another one of those. I can't see Gar coaching us to much success in the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2025744

Pistons expect Brown on bench FridayAssociated Press

Larry Brown will return to coach the Detroit Pistons this week after missing 10 games, a team source told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Brown will rejoin the team at practice Thursday, according to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, and will be on the bench at home Friday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.

He did not coach the Pistons on Wednesday night at home against Sacramento, missing his 10th straight game since undergoing a procedure related to hip surgery, which caused him to miss six games in November.

Brown's future with the defending NBA champions became uncertain when he openly questioned whether he'd be able to return this season.

A message seeking comment from Brown was left Wednesday on his mobile phone and not immediately returned.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Report is out that Larry is going to come back and coach tomorrow night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts