Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else enjoy his bench antics? What's with centers from Gonzaga we draft in the second round dancing on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
He was Mr. Irrelevant. He must be crazy happy to have made any team, let alone THIS team. I honestly cant blame him, I would be dancing too if a got a chance to sit that close to the Lakers.

The team seems to really like him. I think it is good to have fresh face guys who have to fight for the last roster spot on the team to keep the old vets from getting too jaded.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was Mr. Irrelevant. He must be crazy happy to have made any team, let alone THIS team. I honestly cant blame him, I would be dancing too if a got a chance to sit that close to the Lakers.

The team seems to really like him. I think it is good to have fresh face guys who have to fight for the last roster spot on the team to keep the old vets from getting too jaded.
Smart thing. From a 15th man (he isn't one literally, DJO, Duhon and Clark are certainly less valuable) the difference between bench spot and unemployment is razor thin. Being an enthusisastic morale guy goes along way in making a team want to keep you around.

And Basel really? You don't see the 7 foot bald guy jumping up and down directly under the basket after made shots?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't remember Mateen being so much an animated raw-raw guy so much as I remember his famous speech during game 7 of the 2002 WCF.

"We've come a long way! We've come too far to give up now!"

Prior to that speech I forgot he was alive.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I definitely kept an eye on it tonight and noticed it. Glad to see him having so much fun on the bench. :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts