Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've followed my alma matter (U of I) religiously and am happy to see Arch get picked by Memphis. West made a nice choice here and knows what he's getting w/ big men.

A couple quick observations after watching 2 summer league games (and almost all of his college games):

1. He seems quicker and has some extra springs; Arch will never win style points or blow you away with a first step.. but it looks like he's slimmed down and added a few inches to his vert.

2. He's a grinder and banger; Arch will fit in nicely as a banger off the bench and already has nice post moves

3. His hair is looking a lot worse =) He's gotta cut that shag, but I guess he wanted a change of pace

Question: since I don't follow the Grizz too much (prolly will now), how many minutes a game do you think Arch can get this season?

VD

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn't know that much about him when he was drafted. I'm really developing into a fan of his after seeing his effort in these Summer games. I think he could get 12-15 minutes a game, maybe more if he turns out very effective. I like his game. One things for sure though, over the course of a 82 game season, he will sure get his chance to contribute.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by dirty bruce
robert archibald = cherokee parks
ouch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Archibald is a good player, but he has not proven himself yet. I saw flashes of brilliance in his junior year at Illinois, but his senior stats were nothing special. His size and strength are his pluses, and thats how the Grizzlies will utilize him in their offense and defense.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spartansfan223</b>!
Archibald is a good player, but he has not proven himself yet. I saw flashes of brilliance in his junior year at Illinois, but his senior stats were nothing special. His size and strength are his pluses, and thats how the Grizzlies will utilize him in their offense and defense.
You obviously didn't watch Archibald at all his senior year. When his lower back wasn't hurting him, he was looking great. You probably only watching him his Junior year against Kansas when he attracted attention since everyone for Illinios was in foul trouble and they sent Archibald in. I am concerned that his lower back will prevent him from making it through a whole NBA season. He has the skill but his back will hold him back.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
i dont think Archibald will ever see a chance to play..He doesnt got that much potenial if he is gonna do something he needs to do ur during the 5mins a game he is a gonna get

1 - 8 of 8 Posts