Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this guy, he's a HS senior, 7-1 245 lbs....for those who have seen him play who would you compare him to in the NBA....Rik Smits?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I would think that not many have seen this guy...

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I don´t think too many people have seen him either... From scouting reports and stats he seems to be a good shotblocker, but many high-schoolers do... We´ll have to wait for the draft.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Really hope he will go to college.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
havent seen him play but did read where at one stop this summer he outplayed dwight howard, for what thats worth. i think the thing with him turning pro stemmed from the possibility that he wouldnt qualify. obviously he's not ready but probably would be a good down the road pick for someone in the latter part of round one.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
He is def one of the top players in the nation. He might not qualify to get into USC, so going pro is an option.

Some scouts said he has legit 1st round talent. I think if he goes pro he will be a 1st rounder most def. He also would be the 1st white high school player to go pro and get drafted.

The kid can play dont worry about that.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I doubt he'll slip out of the 1st round. Someone will likely take him at the end of the 1st.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
I doubt he'll slip out of the 1st round. Someone will likely take him at the end of the 1st.
Yea if he is a legit center he will be a first rounder for sure.

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
i've seen him play a couple of times ; i also went to jr. high with the guy...
he's a monster rebounder, and probably the top blocker in high school...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ezmo</b>!
i've seen him play a couple of times ; i also went to jr. high with the guy...
he's a monster rebounder, and probably the top blocker in high school...
Is he a better shot blocker than Al Jefferson?

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
well i'm not familiar with Al jefferson, but swift is amazing. When he was declared ineligible earlier this year, there was a video posted on bakersfield.com (the newspaper's website) where he blocked 3 shots on one possession :eek: He knows how to kill a shot.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I heard that since he couldn't play this year that he'll probably go to college because that has hurt his stock.

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
he regained eligibility right before the season started. I think he missed the first game or two, but hes played superbly the rest of them. he is playing for bakersfield high school as i type.

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
Swift named player of the week by usa today's super 25:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/super25.htm

Player of the week: Robert Swift of No. 24 Bakersfield (Calif.) totaled 42 points, 39 rebounds and 16 blocks in two victories. The 7-0 Swift, who signed with Southern California but may opt for the NBA draft, had 30 points, 22 rebounds and seven blocks vs. Liberty (Bakersfield). For the season he's averaging 19.5 points, 16 rebounds and 5.5 blocks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Swift is expected to be a late first round pick. If I was a high schooler going into the draft and expected to possibly not even go in the first round and not get a guarenteed contract, I would stay in school.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts