Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How frustrating ONCE AGAIN to see the Rockets down by 1 with 10 seconds left, Francis run down the floor and hoist up a three which of course was a brick. He CONTINUES to try to lose close games for the Rockets, taking selfish shots and turning the ball over on offense. I have become convinced that this is not a player Gumby can turn around, playing with Rudy T for 4 years has ruined Francis' ability to be compatible with team basketball. His moments of inconsistency could be excused if he was a 2 or even 3 year player, but he has been in the NBA for 5 years and doesn't look to be getting any better. I don't care whether the Rockets lose or win this game, I have had enough of Francis.

Francis gets a layup at the buzzer to send the game into OT, but it doesn't compensate for his immaturity on and off the court. Why couldn't he of driven to the basket with 10 seconds on the clock, the Rockets were very lucky when Mason missed that FT.

92-92 end of regulation. Big games for Yao Ming and Michael Redd.

Yao Ming: 27 pts, 13 reb
Mobley: 16 pts, 3 reb
Taylor: 15 pts, 4 reb

Michael Redd: 27 pts, 10 reb
Joe Smith: 26 pts, 8 reb

97-95 Rockets lead with 3:30 left in OT.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another interesting note, 4 of the Rockets last 7 games have gone into OT. - We really need to learn how to put away games, we had big, early leads in all of those games.

Joe Smith is playing great, he is perfect from the field.

Mo Taylor is coming up HUGE for the Rockets, hit 2 open jumpers from the top of the key (his specialty) to give the Rockets a 5 point lead.

Rockets 102
Bucks 97

1:26 left

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
*is happy because Rockets and the Bucks are his favorite teams*

Good to see that Yao AND Redd each have good games. I feel that the Bucks need this game more though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!Milwaukee is playing pathetic, they are more focussed on getting calls from the refs than trying to score.
That's true, they were desperately trying to foul Yao Ming out in overtime, which hurt their offensive game.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Francis tries to lose the game for Houston, Yao keeps them in it. Funny how things balance out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why do y'all hate on Steve? His effort each night is undoubted and he does his best for us each game. Sure, his decisions might be bad sometimes, but credit him for saving the game with that layup.

Rockets with 42 wins already. How sweet is that?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Other than few occasional lapses, IMO Steve Francis played pretty good team ball lately. He is starting to mess with JVG's philosophy. He is already a hell of a defensive player, if he can cut down those mistakes, he could blossom. The Rockets should definitely think hard if they want to ship him off this summer.

And of course, the Rockets' fans have been saying this for few years now.:|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts