Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"By hiring Morey, it's a leading indicator that Les is going to be selling," said one source. "With their new building, it's a very attractive franchise." Industry experts believe that the Rockets could fetch upwards of $400 million, matching the record sale of the Suns to Robert Sarver in June 2004.

"Mix in the fact that Alexander quietly asked people around the league during All-Star weekend in Houston what they felt the Rockets are worth.."

--

So Rockets are going to be sold. Here's hoping the new owner(s) are dedicated to winning and creating a good atmosphere in Toyota Center. What I mean by that is dumping the corporate ticket sales and filling up the lower bowl, and doing other things to make it not such a boring dump.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,913 Posts
well, getting a good boss who are willing to spend lots of $$ is always great like the yankees, but dont become a yankee. lol.
I agree it's time to change the owner, Alexander thanks for your service, we appreciate your work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Something definitely needs to be done about those lower level seating that shows up on the cameras. If those can't be filled, dump them to corporations. We can't have nationally televised games with an empty lower level.
 

·
Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,652 Posts
jworth said:
Bring in a young Mark Cuban clone. I know I'll get a lot of crap for saying that on the Rockets board.
I'm with you on that one. Douchebag or not Cuban's a true fan of his team and cares about the bottom line of winning and entertaining fans more than the financial side of things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Few here might give a hoot, but what would this mean for the Comets? The fans of the women's team have been wanting Les to sell them for years...this could be the right situation to get another WNBA team from under the umbrella of an NBA team. It is working in some places, and might well work here.

Les can get the heck back to New England as far as I am concerned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bronx43 said:
Something definitely needs to be done about those lower level seating that shows up on the cameras. If those can't be filled, dump them to corporations. We can't have nationally televised games with an empty lower level.
They are dumped to corporations, hats the problem... they dont show up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yao Mania said:
I'm with you on that one. Douchebag or not Cuban's a true fan of his team and cares about the bottom line of winning and entertaining fans more than the financial side of things.

Its hard to have a single owner these days.

Teams are so expensive, and there are so few individuals out there that have $400 million or financiers to back them up without an ownership stake.

So you end up with a majority owner and a bunch of smaller investors. Or an investment group that's all about the financial side like the owners of the Celtics (public company)
 

·
Kardashian Cursed
Joined
·
12,416 Posts
4ever_bball_fan said:
Few here might give a hoot, but what would this mean for the Comets? The fans of the women's team have been wanting Les to sell them for years...this could be the right situation to get another WNBA team from under the umbrella of an NBA team. It is working in some places, and might well work here.

Les can get the heck back to New England as far as I am concerned.
so what youre saying have 2 WNBA teams?
 

·
I'm too sexy for ya.
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
jiangsheng said:
Cuban and Paul Allen haven't get NBA titles yet.
There's a differnce in the two though. Just because you got money doesn't mean your team should be winners, but that doesn't exempt them from their marketing strategies/team strategies. Cuban will do whatever it takes to win meaning on who to bring in. As for Allen, he's owned the team for like 22 years now, but he has been in the past much like Cuban, tried to assemble some of the best talent. Scottie, Rasheed, Aryvados, Bonzi, Damon, that was a pretty nice starting five they had there back a while ago. But they tried hard, and that team was pretty good, but simply the Lakers outdid them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
He's not going to sell, he seems to finally be intrested in the team, didnt he used to live up in New York and never come down to Houston, now hes at every game.

Idk.. I fear a sudden change in management like this because I really like the team we have now and the future it has, I dont want new people coming in and changing everything up.

I don't why owners sell their times so often, If I owned a team I would own it untill I retire, and keep the team in the family. Like Cuban plans on doing.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top