Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pasha The Great said:
He's not going to sell, he seems to finally be intrested in the team, didnt he used to live up in New York and never come down to Houston, now hes at every game.

Idk.. I fear a sudden change in management like this because I really like the team we have now and the future it has, I dont want new people coming in and changing everything up.

I don't why owners sell their times so often, If I owned a team I would own it untill I retire, and keep the team in the family. Like Cuban plans on doing.
What future does thist eam have?? Yeah, Yao & T-Mac, that's it. Oh no, don't trade Keith Bogans!! Our future!! :rolleyes:

· Registered
544 Posts
jworth said:
Bring in a young Mark Cuban clone. I know I'll get a lot of crap for saying that on the Rockets board.
I can't stand the a-hole but he's the best owner in the NBA he's like Al Davis in the NFL, they will do whatever it takes to win. Not saying they're not totally evil maniacal power-hungry dictators, but they are very smart and generally make the 'good nasty manipulative' moves you have to make to win big, and get respect for your organization. Actually to me, the GM should be doing those moves, but whatever...
I definitely wouldn't mind my own Mark Cuban, I know we'd put a great team out there?

· Registered
544 Posts
thetennisyao said:
how about michael jordan as our new owner? great!
Love MJ, wear his shoes, had his posters, but that dude and Isaiah Thomas have no basketball business sense? MJ almost ruined the Wizards for a longtime after he even left, we see what Thomas has done in NY? Michael already said he wants to own a team, but only (get this) ONLY IF SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THE MAJORITY OUTPUT? How much freakin money does he have? But yet he wants to make the Majority owner decisions on players? OH I don't think so Mike :raised_ey ....sorry stick to your motorbikes...

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
debarge said:
Love MJ, wear his shoes, had his posters, but that dude and Isaiah Thomas have no basketball business sense? MJ almost ruined the Wizards for a longtime after he even left, we see what Thomas has done in NY? Michael already said he wants to own a team, but only (get this) ONLY IF SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THE MAJORITY OUTPUT? How much freakin money does he have? But yet he wants to make the Majority owner decisions on players? OH I don't think so Mike :raised_ey ....sorry stick to your motorbikes...
That's real stingy of Mike, he's still getting money from Gatorade contracts too. He sits there and collects SOME FAT *** PAYCHECKS, without having to do anything. The 21's Jordan commercial was like his first since '04 and he's still getting endorsed by Gatorade without doing squat. Damn, what a hustler MJ! Yeah, to have all that money and be so stingy, that's nice Mike.

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
MJ doesnt have nearly enough money to buy a team. He's been looking for partners.

You have to respect what Mark Cuban did to the environment in American Airlines center. It is a wild place. We need Rockets to be fun again in Houston. yes taht includes winning too.

· Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
debarge said:
jordan is worth less than the team costs. im assuming he would have more if it wasnt for gambling.

Go NeTs

· Registered
83 Posts
hell a cuban type owner would be the best. I actually like cuban though. Hes not afraid of crap, and he says whats on his mind.
BUT HOW CAN A OWNER HAVE TWO TEAM AT SAME TIME

· Are you threatening me?
4,627 Posts
Rockets.com: You’re the longest tenured owner of the Rockets. Have you ever considered selling the team?

LA: “Not really. Once you’re in that position you realize that you would miss it too much. Without being in that position to sell, you really don’t think about it. You have to think if you had the money – because that’s a lot of money if I sold the team – what would I do with the money that would give me more enjoyment than owning the team? And there is nothing.”
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/OneonOne_with_Leslie_Alexand-176032-822.html

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.