Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Rockets might pulled this one out.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The Ewing influence is really becoming evident in Yao's game.

He's more assertive, moving his feet better and just making good decisions. The execution, mostly on defense and rebounding, isn't completely there yet, but the progress has been impressive. Yao will never be Shaq(in his prime)-quick around the basket, but once he achieves veteran-level strength and experience, he's going to punish defenders. His added strength is already making a difference.

What's more telling is the subtle stuff. On one play after a made Pacers basket, Yao lightly punched the ball out of bounds. By doing so, he delayed the in-bounds, which allowed him to catch his breath and walk downcourt, without hurting the possession in terms of the shot-clock. He probably bought himself 2-3 possessions on the court just by giving himself the mini-breather. Straight-up Ewing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Big Win

I was very happy to see the Rockets pull it out vs. Indiana on the road, that was a good confidence builder for the team. Now, all I would like to ask out of the boys from H-Town is MORE CONSISTENTCY and better performances like this all the time! I mean, if they can win at Indiana, shouldn't they be able to beat Memphis and other so-so teams with ease? The answer is YES, but they have not shown the consistency thus far against western conference foes. But if they can, watch out west, Rockets are comin for ya! :yes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great win for the Rockets...first Western Conference team to beat the Pacers at home...really showed poise and maturity down the stretch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts