Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Sign_Mark_Jackson-96180-34.html

Finally, a true point guard! and a pretty good one at that! I can't believe he's been unemployed for so long, considering he had a pretty decent season as a backup with Utah last year.
I think he'll fit in immediately since he's been w/ Gumby back in NYC. Hopefully Yao will benefit from having him around!

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pistolballer</b>!
hmm.. im torn, is this a good or a bad pickup? yes he is a good, solid PG, but have the Rocket execs lost faith in the Mooch-Man?
I'd say the Rockets lost faith in Moochie producing for their team when he was traded to the Knicks two weeks ago.

:p

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I expected Cato to start at PF and for Van Gundy to acquire either Charlie Ward or Mark Jackson going into the season. I didn't think it would take the Rockets this long to pick up one of JVG's old PGs.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>777</b>!
MARK JACKSON IS A LEADER!!
He is that. Jeff Van Gundy has a way he wants things done, and he needs the right floor general to make it happen. Mark Jackson may be 38, but he still has the game and the brain to be JVG's extension on the floor.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!
He is a blessing for Yao and so for the Rockets..CAn be decisive.
Indeed. Picking up Jackson is gonna help Yao a lot, since Yao will now have a real point guard who is willing to and capable of throwing nice entry passes to Yao down low where he can score.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts