Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you want to be traded for the team and for whom?! :)

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
DA for anything.

i would have said the samething about wesley before last night.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Maybe we should start a "We want DA out of Houston!" petition thread as well, with MRC as the honorary member :laugh:

I know Wesley's been doing well lately but he's probably the only guy we have that's expendable and has some trade value right now. I'd trade him for a servicable SF to fill in for T-Mac while he gets some rest. On the Toronto board awhile ago I suggested a Wesley for Eric Williams/Loren Woods (filler) trade. I don't like EWills very much but I believe he would fit well with this team right now, bringing in some rebounding and toughness.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would trade Juwan Howard + Derek Anderson + some cash or a second round draft pick for Emeka Okafor. He really could do some excellent work. Okafor is really a great PF.

And my second fav player after T-Mac :D

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
edyzbasketball said:
I would trade Juwan Howard + Derek Anderson + some cash or a second round draft pick for Emeka Okafor. He really could do some excellent work. Okafor is really a great PF.

:laugh: if we can pull that off, im all for it. it would take at least juwan, da, cash, and a first round to pry him away from the bobcats. even then, theyd be dumb do it.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
no to get okafor we would have to trade swift, alston da 1st rounder money and the organization has to be dumb lol okafor is gonna be a superstar one day

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would give everyone except T-MAC and Yao for Okafor. He is gonna be a superstar one day.
How's about making a petition about it?!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Emeka is labeled as one of the building blocks of the future for the bobcats. The only way that changes is if Kobe, TMac, or Garnett were part of the deal. I don't even think they would trade him for Yao.

I would still love to see Artest in a rocket uniform. Somebody tell me how that can happen and we would be and instant threat to win the title. Just imagine a starting lineup of:

Sura - PG
TMac - SG
Artest - SF
Howard/Swift - PF
Yao - C

With the exception of our PF that would be tight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jdiggidy said:
Emeka is labeled as one of the building blocks of the future for the bobcats. The only way that changes is if Kobe, TMac, or Garnett were part of the deal. I don't even think they would trade him for Yao.

I would still love to see Artest in a rocket uniform. Somebody tell me how that can happen and we would be and instant threat to win the title. Just imagine a starting lineup of:

Sura - PG
TMac - SG
Artest - SF
Howard/Swift - PF
Yao - C

With the exception of our PF that would be tight.
I think the rockets need a true point guard. The problem of Anderson is he cant pass shoot or even play defense. Saddly I dont think anyone would want him. Raefer Alston is just as bad cuz hes been playing around 30 mins per night and hes been getting 7 points 4 assists and 4 rebounds!!!! Also hes been shooting around 30% so i guess that doesnt help his cause.
I think Jon Barry should start at sg because he can ACTUALLY SHOOT AND PLAY DEFENSE!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
What PG's could Houston really have a shot in landing? (Marbury/Watson) I just don't see the PG situation improving this year.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Getting Marbury in the package would be really good.... And he wants out of New York. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
How does Marbury's "I'm the greatest pg in the game" attitude fit in with the rest of the Rox team? Wasn't that part of Stevie Franchise's problem? Bigger than the game?

·
Registered
544 Posts
edyzbasketball said:

Heck no! I would trade Stromile Swift/somebody/somebody for KG bigass put us in debt forever contract.
This dude plays with no HEART! :dead: I would trade him and Barry/ or Wesely for a good dependable intense PF. Doesn't even have to be KG. I'm sure lots of teams would want Stro

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see the Rockets landing Earl Watson. I think Denver needs another big man cuz Nene is out for the season. trade watson for howard and hope denver will also take derek anderson for a 2nd round pick

·
Registered
24 Posts
debarge said:
Heck no! I would trade Stromile Swift/somebody/somebody for KG bigass put us in debt forever contract.
This dude plays with no HEART! :dead: I would trade him and Barry/ or Wesely for a good dependable intense PF. Doesn't even have to be KG. I'm sure lots of teams would want Stro
LOL thos somebodys will prob include TMAc or Yao

1 - 20 of 24 Posts