Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No link yet, but looks like they will be bringing in some PF help from the NBDL level, James Thomas being the most likely candidate.

Edit: It now appears Torraye Braggs was signed. If I remember correctly we had signed him in our preseason last year and he was strong on the boards. Not sure about his defense, let me see if I can dig up some old threads.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rockets waive Barrett

Found this, an article from hoopshype (2003):

Torraye Braggs - A talented player. Lacks size. Has been a problematic player in Europe. Is a globetrotter. Don't think he'll make the team because he is too soft on defense.
http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52779

I don't think he was the best player available, someone in the Rockets organization must have put in a good word for him. JVG doesn't like bringing in players he doesn't know alot about...

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[News]

Rockets Sign Torraye Braggs

HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets have signed forward Torraye Braggs, General Manager Carroll Dawson announced today.
Braggs, who had a brief stint with the Rockets during the 2003-2004 season, averaged 3.1 points and 3.1 rebounds in 11 games with Houston. The 6-8, 245-pound forward has since played with the Washington Wizards, the Yamika Sun Kings of the Continental Basketball Association and the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the Continental Basketball Association. Braggs, most recently, has been playing overseas in Russia.

The Rockets roster now stands at 12 active players: Vin Baker, Jon Barry, Ryan Bowen, Braggs, Mike James, Tracy McGrady, Dikembe Mutombo, Scott Padgett, Bob Sura, David Wesley, Clarence Weatherspoon and Yao Ming. Juwan Howard (right knee sprain), Moochie Norris (left foot plantar fasciitis) and Charlie Ward (right knee surgery) are on the injured list.
Good, I fully expect him to start against KG and the Wolves. He'll bring those intangibles to the lineup that Weatherspoon didn't (Good rebounder, great hustle) and hopefully is quicker than expected on the defensive end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dammit....Barrett was one of my favourites in this Rockets team..I guess JVG will never give a real chance to a young prospect..Good luck for the rest of your career Barrett..

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
no i liked him dang owell i trust the organization

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
they should of signed Samaki Walker or Marcus Haislip

Haislip can block some shots and rebound pretty well..so he wouldnt be too bad of a choice

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Don't like this at all. Our schedule has us going up against some very good power forwards right now and Briggs is not going to get any calls from the officials when he is on the court.

Agree with Dodigago. We should 've picked up Samaki Walker if he was available. At least he has some sort of a reputation with the officials.

I think it was Matt Jackson who commented a while back that Juwan going down was better than any of our other started going down. At first I thought his point was valid but, now I just don't know. We have really missed Juwan in the past two games.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Damn, they waived Barrett. Saw this coming with how he was moved to the IL. That sucks, I liked him. Obviously he needs to develop, but I hope he gets with another team. Maybe a crappy team where he can get some playing time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts