Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicago Tribune says that the Pacers are looking at Rod Strickland. Do you think this would be a good move?

·
Registered
12 Posts
sure....

We cant give him anything worth alot..he needs to prove himself...also kind of like the deal w/ Carlos Rogers. If he is gonna cause problems...GET HIS *** OUT! But, i do think his veteran experience at PG would really help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be all for picking up Strickland. He would be a superior back-up PG when compared to Ollie. The only problem is would he be willing to play behind a young point guard like Tinsley. If he would be I think it would be a great acquisition, that would really solidify the PG spot.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by Dustin Hellums
I would be all for picking up Strickland. He would be a superior back-up PG when compared to Ollie. The only problem is would he be willing to play behind a young point guard like Tinsley. If he would be I think it would be a great acquisition, that would really solidify the PG spot.
Welcome to a growing board. If you know of any other pacer fans that would love to post here, please feel free to invite them

·
Registered
885 Posts
strick is an interesting situation. i'd love having a quality vet around at the pg spot. but i have heard that this guy can be like a tumor for a team. he's had problems with several teams before and i cringe at the idea of bring a problem child to the pacers. i think if they did go for rod, it would have to be for somthing like the veterans minimum. he's very talented but, i do have reservations about him.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yep

it seems that strickland has gotten his act together and can help the pacers, i hope we do sign him. also here is another player that could help us, tim hardaway, he is a veteran,can help tinsley, and can score baskets. to me he would help us more than strickland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts