Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice job Rod, lost the game for your team.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
he kept that team in the game, especially with his strong first half in running orlandos half court offense effectively. however that last place was kind of embaressing, i could potentially be watching an overtime game right now

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last 2 plays were horrible on his part. He decided that he needed to play help defense on the air while Fox was sitting out at the 3-point line. There's absolutely no reason for him not to be within a foot or two of Fox. Then he gets the ball stolen by Fisher. There was a foul in my opinion on that play, but it shouldn't have to come down to a foul being called on that play. Just horrible.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
The 4th was embarassing. 31-15? That's bad. The Lakers beackups walked all over the Magic. A good chunk of the 31 points to the not-full-strength unit of the not-full-strength Lakers.

Waaa, I know: It's hard to see a Magic loss with a healthy Grant Hill and successful big man from the top of the lotto.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Unfortunate for Rod, he played a great game, but he got lazy with his dribble right there. No way Fisher should have been able to make that steal.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rod's a solid player and a veteran, so I don't understand why or how he could make the mistakes he did during the last 30 seconds there.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>q</b>!
Rod's a solid player and a veteran, so I don't understand why or how he could make the mistakes he did during the last 30 seconds there.

It was really on the steal that was a bad mistake. I mean, Rick Fox hadn't hit a shot the whole game. I think most of the time you'd taking your chances letting him shoot in that situation. But allowing the steal in that situation was careless. You could tell he wasnt really paying attention to Fisher and was watching how the offense was setting up.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

It was really on the steal that was a bad mistake. I mean, Rick Fox hadn't hit a shot the whole game. I think most of the time you'd taking your chances letting him shoot in that situation.
Most of the time doesn't include up by three on the final possession. That was an amazing lapse of judgement by Strickland...and what was Strickland preventing by falling three feet off him? Certainly not helping on Shaq or anyone inside.

Strickland absolutely screwed up on defense and then screwed up bringing the ball up.

But it would be unfair to put the whole loss on him. The entire Magic team played like losers in the fourth quarter. One screw-up after another against a less talented squad (the Lakers second team).

Some blame should go to Johnny Davis. The Magic shouldn't have abandoned their pick-and-roll when Shaq went out. They were running it to perfection, it would have helped keep their confidence up to run a play they were in flow with.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Most of the time doesn't include up by three on the final possession. That was an amazing lapse of judgement by Strickland...and what was Strickland preventing by falling three feet off him? Certainly not helping on Shaq or anyone inside.

Strickland absolutely screwed up on defense and then screwed up bringing the ball up.

But it would be unfair to put the whole loss on him. The entire Magic team played like losers in the fourth quarter. One screw-up after another against a less talented squad (the Lakers second team).

Some blame should go to Johnny Davis. The Magic shouldn't have abandoned their pick-and-roll when Shaq went out. They were running it to perfection, it would have helped keep their confidence up to run a play they were in flow with.
Exactly. There was no reason for him to not be up on Fox. Shaq was on the other side of the court and there wasn't anybody he was sagging of to help. The Magic definately shouldn't have put themselves in that position, letting a bunch of scrubs make the game close again, but Strickland had a really really bad last 30 seconds. He really couldn't have been much worse. It's too bad, because as I said, he's a good player and a good guy, it's very uncharacteristic of him to have such a huge mental lapse as he did there.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I really don't know what's worse. Strickland letting it get stolen or Giricek fumbling the ball around like an idiot when he had T-Mac right behind him on the last play. Those two made me scream at my tv.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts