Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My impression of Rod Thorn is that he is someone who will not accept losing.

When they show him in the stands he gets 20 times more emotional than any fan on this board. He turns red with anger, yells, cheers, and generally emotes like a crazy fan. (Remember the Clippers game last November? He looked like his favorite pet died.)

Last year, he wasted a lot of TE money on Elden Campbell, just because he was so desperate to add something that would give the team a chance to win in the playoffs. (He signed Jerome Moiso, for chrissakes! The dude will try anything!)

The older Jason Kidd looks, the more pressure Thorn feels to get this team better in a hurry. That instinct has to be boiling over at this point.

If there's one thing that gives me hope, it's that Nets management wants to win just as much as I want them to.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ghoti said:

When they show him in the stands he gets 20 times more emotional than any fan on this board. He turns red with anger, yells, cheers, and generally emotes like a crazy fan. (Remember the Clippers game last November? He looked like his favorite pet died.)

Last year, he wasted a lot of TE money on Elden Campbell, just because he was so desperate to add something that would give the team a chance to win in the playoffs. (He signed Jerome Moiso, for chrissakes! The dude will try anything!)

The older Jason Kidd looks, the more pressure Thorn feels to get this team better in a hurry. That instinct has to be boiling over at this point.

If there's one thing that gives me hope, it's that Nets management wants to win just as much as I want them to.
Most definitely, he's always inquiring... but it takes 2 (or more) teams to trade. After Thorn swindled Babcock, GMs probably have taken notice, and will not do us any favors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, I have the eerie feeling that something big is going to happen. Everytime I turn to ESPN or go on here I think I'm going to see Nets trade so and so to ........ for so and so. I just really think something's going to happen soon.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
ghoti said:

I still believe the Elden Campbell deal was an attempt by Thorn to get Milicic. Stefanski has said the Nets tried on several occasions to get the great Darko and were rebuffed. I believe the Nets wanted to dangle Campbell in front of the Pistons and say "You are gonna need this guy for Shaq. Give us Darko and you can have Campbell back." Dumars smartly wouldn't bite. [Actually, I think that is the ONLY scenario that makes sense!]

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Kievitt13 said:
Yeah, I have the eerie feeling that something big is going to happen. Everytime I turn to ESPN or go on here I think I'm going to see Nets trade so and so to ........ for so and so. I just really think something's going to happen soon.
See netsdaily.com The Bobcats want a first round pick for Ely. D'Alessandro reported that was the price a couple of months ago. Now a Bobcat beat writer says it's still the price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Would you guys give up a first-rounder for Ely? Do you think he's worth it or do you think the pick can be better spent in another trade or just keeping it and drafting a guy?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think we will end up giveing a first rounder for ely sooner or later we may also give away a player like Cliffy too.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Just give up the nets first rounder, its going to be a weak draft anyways. And that pick will be somewhere between the 20s-30s, whats there to lose

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
I still believe the Elden Campbell deal was an attempt by Thorn to get Milicic. Stefanski has said the Nets tried on several occasions to get the great Darko and were rebuffed. I believe the Nets wanted to dangle Campbell in front of the Pistons and say "You are gonna need this guy for Shaq. Give us Darko and you can have Campbell back." Dumars smartly wouldn't bite. [Actually, I think that is the ONLY scenario that makes sense!]
Elden Campbell was eligible to be traded before the trade deadline?

-Petey

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
No way is Ely worth a 1st rounder. We need some major help in the frontcourt, since Collins cant do jack on the offense teams are just starting to focus on Krstic in the post and its showing, we need someone who can take some pressure off Krstic in the post.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
NetIncome said:
Complete nonsense.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I totally agree ghoti, Rod will not sit back and watch this team lose. And it is evident in his moves the past 3 years what he will do to win. Look at the guys he has brought in, Deke, Zo, Rodney Rogers, AJ, Chris Childs, Eddie Griffin, Mikki Moore, Jerome Moiso, Ron Mercer, Rodney Buford, and more recently Vince Carter and Clifford Robinson, and now he's trying to bring in Melvin Ely and Chris Wilcox.

I do think he probably has a move brewing.

But right now, the blame should be placed on the players and coaching staff, not on Rod Thorn.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Net2 said:
Deke, Zo, Rodney Rogers, AJ, Chris Childs, Eddie Griffin, Mikki Moore, Jerome Moiso, Ron Mercer, Rodney Buford,
Kaniel Dickens, Donnell Harvey, Awvee Storey, Kyle Davis...

Ugh.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
I have a feeling that Kidd will be traded this season.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I dont see Kidd getting traded hes not the same old Kidd and he makes too much money

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Kievitt13 said:
I guess we all have a feeling that something will happen soon... Now whether this is based on actual fact, or simply based on our hope that the team will do it to make it a better team, is something we really dont know...

But I agree.. I have a weird feeling that something might happen. Although I have no clue what it is. :angel: Whatever it is, I hope its for the best of the team. :angel:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts