Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In his return to basketball yesterday, he grabbed 14 rebounds in 28 minutes. Granted it was against scrubs, but it was his first game in a while! A rebound every 2 minutes is impressive. He didn't attempt a shot, and had 4 turnovers.

Do you think its possible that he will return this season?

here's his official stat line
28 min, 0-0 FG, 0-0 FT, 0-0 3PT, 0 Offensive rebounds, 14 defensive rebounds, 2 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 4 fouls, 4 turnovers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1710886

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/20040116.html

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
He didn't like the way he went out so I think he should come back. Rodman would be a great addition on the court for almost any team. It'll take time though..

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ismisus</b>!
In his return to basketball yesterday, he grabbed 14 rebounds in 28 minutes. Granted it was against scrubs, but it was his first game in a while! A rebound every 2 minutes is impressive. He didn't attempt a shot, and had 4 turnovers.

Do you think its possible that he will return this season?

here's his official stat line
28 min, 0-0 FG, 0-0 FT, 0-0 3PT, 0 Offensive rebounds, 14 defensive rebounds, 2 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 4 fouls, 4 turnovers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1710886

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/20040116.html
He wont be back in the NBA, unless for anything more than some publicity for a team. He'd be coming back at 42 yrs old, playing the most loaded position in the game, and trying to go through recovering from drug/alcohol use. I dont see it happening.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
We will see. I think someone will bite and give him a contract. I won't be surprised if I see the Lakers give him a 10-dayer with Malone out for a while. I won't expect it to happen, but it wouldn't be shocking.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that performance though. Most of those guys are undrafted and/or division II roleplayers. I will say though, since he still looks to have the ability, his psyche is so odd that getting back into the flow (of the NBA game) shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Why the hell does he need to come back to the NBA to end his career on a positive note? He can just play Basketball in his back yard, dominate, and retire the way he wants to.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Why the hell does he need to come back to the NBA to end his career on a positive note? He can just play Basketball in his back yard, dominate, and retire the way he wants to.
Read: Competition.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Because he wants to.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
BTW, while on the "Budweiser Hot Seat" on SC, Rodman said in his last game, he would take off all of his close as he left the court, leaving the game straight naked :)

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
No team has shown any interest in picking him up, at least not publicly known. But I wouldn't be surprised if a team does pick him up before the transfer deadline to use him for the playoffs or something.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
He should become a team mascot. He would still be able to bring energy to the crowd and taunt the other team. He wouldn't even have to dress up or anything. Sly the Fox is cool and all, but I'd prefer having Dennis Rodman leading the cheers and taunts from the sideline. :yes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
BTW, while on the "Budweiser Hot Seat" on SC, Rodman said in his last game, he would take off all of his close as he left the court, leaving the game straight naked :)
shudders

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I think he would be a great addition to the Magic.. I mean give him a freaking 10 day contract PLEASE... you gave NAiLon one and that kid was alright.. I say, drop shammond williams, pick up rodman... and see if he can get defensive stops and at least you know he will be fighting for a rebound.. thats all that matters.. personally, i'd rather be losing by 10 points a game and be outrebounding the other team with rodman than be losing a game by 1 point and not even going for the rebound with juwan howard..

I don't think he'll change his ways..but as long as he keeps his craziness off the court, its ok..:)

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I think some team should just pick him up and give him a 10 day contract. Just 10 days will do first, see what he can still do and then evaluate his status and game to see if he deserves to be in the L any longer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts