Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said on ESPN that if he was elected to the hall of fame, the hair color on the plaque would be the Bulls read with the black Bull in the back like he did on his first press conference in Chicago in 96. What a crazy day that was. OJ was found innocent, and no one in Chicago cared. It was all about Rodman

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I want him back in the NBA ASAP (I know many of you dont agree with this statement)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If Rodman were to come back to the NBA today, if he got the minutes he would average 10 rebounds a game immediately.

Discuss.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he spoke with Pax about coming back to the Bulls for a year. Pax apparently balked. But with pax handing out deals to all his old buddies, I say why not? No one could teach Curry more about intensity or post defense then this guy. Rodman is pure genius. And he is doing great on Celebrity Mole as well!

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I don't know. I do agree that he could average 10+ rebounds a game. However, after seeing him on ESPN's "The Season," I'd be really REALLY worried about his reliability and would be scared that he would be a huge distraction. It's weird. In some respects, he'd be the perfect Skiles player. He hustles all the time, gets rebounds, plays good D, etc. However, I don't know how much Skiles would want to put up with the potential antics. I sort of thought it was a small miracle that Phil Jackson was able to manage him reasonably well within a few seasons. I don't know if lightning strikes twice.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Yes, just bring him and ask him to go hard at Curry on practice. Im sure Eddy would feel intimidated, so mmm...dont bring Dennis back.

But the NBA being a show, I see him getting a shot in a Western Conference team like LA or someone like that. Rodman and Shaq and Malone in the same team? :D

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
Yes, just bring him and ask him to go hard at Curry on practice. Im sure Eddy would feel intimidated, so mmm...dont bring Dennis back.

But the NBA being a show, I see him getting a shot in a Western Conference team like LA or someone like that. Rodman and Shaq and Malone in the same team? :D
My guess is that DR would want nothing to do w/Lakers. He seems to want to come back to get some kind of revenge on them at some level

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Regarding the rebounding question, I believe he can get 10+ per game EASILY. And if you team him up with someone like Curry, 20 per contest arent out of the question :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

My guess is that DR would want nothing to do w/Lakers. He seems to want to come back to get some kind of revenge on them at some level
I didnt hear that Dennis quote, could Dallas get in the mix for him?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I didnt hear that Dennis quote, could Dallas get in the mix for him?
they dumped him too. I always thought Rodman would go and play for someone he was friends with or people he respected. i thought mike would get him in washington last year. that was the perfect fit for him. that window might have closed. wherever it is, it has to be a very veteran team. though i think he could teach young kids alot. he might not take them aside and say this is how you do it, but when he does show up for practice, he could show a chandler or curry how to really play the game. I really dont think youll find 20 players in the history of the game with a better basketball IQ then DR. I might be ridiculed for that. But this guy was just that good.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think people will look beyond his eccentric behavior and vote him in. He was all nba a couple of times. 5 world championships. The best rebounder and defensive player of modern times. and inspite of all the craziness, gave the game a lot. I think he is a shoo in. If he isnt, then he is being blackballed

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Rodman definitely deserves to be in the HOF. Doesn't he own the record for most consectutive rebounding titles? 5 titles and unquestioned defense, Rodman has definitely left his mark. And even given his eccentric behavior, his ability as a pro should never be brought into question.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>airety</b>!
If Rodman were to come back to the NBA today, if he got the minutes he would average 10 rebounds a game immediately.
Assuming the first game were against Curry, I'd predict those would be just the offensive rebounds.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
he spoke with Pax about coming back to the Bulls for a year. Pax apparently balked. But with pax handing out deals to all his old buddies

Who is all?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!

and if i recall correctly, Pax never played with Kukoc and I know for fact he didn't play with Rodman. Pax I thought retired right after the first 3 peat.
Pax coached Rodman for one year, the first of the second 3 peat. Also, Pax played for on year with Kukoc. Kukocs rookie year was paxs last year. It was the year after Mike left part 1.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
He said on ESPN that if he was elected to the hall of fame, the hair color on the plaque would be the Bulls read with the black Bull in the back like he did on his first press conference in Chicago in 96. What a crazy day that was. OJ was found innocent, and no one in Chicago cared. It was all about Rodman
Don't worry, he won't get into the hall of fame.

·
Registered
268 Posts
He'll get into the hall because he was the only guy who could ever shut Shaq down.

Even if his technique was either grab Shaq's a$$ and whisper sweet nothings in his ear or to jump out of the way when Shaq was posting up. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts