Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now, the beauty of 10-day contracts is they last only 10 days. But someone like Hill, for instance, probably wouldn't bother to join the Raptors if he didn't have an assurance, written or otherwise, that he was going to last longer than that.

Only Grunwald can decide if his team needs more immediate help. Roberts? Oakley? Hill? Acie Earl? Benoit Benjamin? Big men in the NBA are like left-handed pitchers in baseball: They're always in demand.
I find it funny that Acie Earl was mentioned, even though he hasn't played in a very very long time.

The one thing I wouldn't mind is signing either Tyrone Hill or Charles Oakley to a 10-day contract.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
When asked yesterday if the size-challenged Raptors would consider signing Rodman, general manager Glen Grunwald said bluntly, "No." Fair enough, but this is a league where Oliver Miller has found employment again, so more is possible than initially meets the eye.
That pretty much takes care of this rumour.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!
What about the Oakley or Hill scenarios? I myself like that idea.
I know there will be fans that want Oak back, but he is very old now, and probably won't be able to contribute much on the floor other than hack-jobs. Plus, some people forget that aside from pushing Vince, he was a jerk in general, and has been booed unrelentingly since his unceremonious departure.

Hill is also getting on in years. If Arch and Moiso become totally useless, it would necessitate us getting another big man. While Hill is a bone-rack, he is still pretty tall and manages to get some rebounds.

I think the Raps are going to try to swing a trade for a big, rather than go after players in the twilight of their careers.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Trebuchet MS">I find it disturbing that Glen is looking for the so called "big man" when we already have big men that Kevin O'Neill has not given a chance to play. Kevin should give Jerome Moiso a chance before yapping to Glen about a big man.

<b>slasher</b>

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I hear you slasher. I feel your pain about the Moiso situation.

But it does prove one thing. Grunwald has given KO full power to turn around the franchise. Brunson, Curry, and even Archibald are KO guys.

Most GM's would insist that their prize FA pickup, Moiso, get some consistant playing time. GG keeps his ego out of the coaching and lets KO do his thing. That is not a bad thing.

If I were GG I would have told KO "Prove to me that this kid cannot contribute." Ten straight games of 10+ minutes and then evaluate.

Moiso is 5th on our depth chart right now and has no real way of moving up. When we bring in another big via trade Moiso will either be gone or stay at 5 or 6th PF/C.

None of the players mentioned in that article will ever be Raps.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!

I find it funny that Acie Earl was mentioned, even though he hasn't played in a very very long time.

The one thing I wouldn't mind is signing either Tyrone Hill or Charles Oakley to a 10-day contract.

Acie hasnt played in the NBA for a while, but he has been playing in Poland and Serbia. He was at Idea Slask, in Poland and did well. Now he recently was picked up by Buducnost Podgorica (the team where Zarko Cabarkapa, Sasa Pavlovic and Slavko Vranes played last year). He is averaging 13minutes a game, 5.5 ppg and 4rpg in 4 games in the Adriatic League.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts