Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Wallace's career high in RPG: 15.4
Rodman's career high in RPG: 18.7

3.3 rebounds more is a pretty big amount, considering how high both of these numbers are. I know there's other factors involved, but Rodman wins in my book.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did he have that Wallace didn't?

The reason I ask is because I wasn't much of a fan when Rodman was in it.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Rodman was one of the greatest on the ball defenders, whereas Wallace is one of the best helpside defenders. Both have a tremendous knack for the ball. The better rebounder was probably Rodman. He knew where the ball was going to come of the rim as soon as the ball left the shooters hand.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
last year, wallace led the league by 2 rpg over the #2 rebounder. rodman had at least a +4 advantage 4 times in his career.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the stats. I just didn't possess a good enough memory of rodman. I had seen him play, but that's when I just watched the NBA because College Ball wasn't on, so I wasn't focused on it.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Rodzilla. Wallace is an excellent rebounder and defender, but Rodman would probably kill himself and someone else to get a rebound. He absolutely didn't care how he did it; completely reckless. That's what made him insane on the boards.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
rodman had unmatched energy. he was persistent, never gave up. he had a focus on rebounding that nobody else had. he had a knack for knowing where the ball was going to go.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
DR was far and away the better player

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It is hard to say this but...

Rodman was better.

He was a hard-working hustler who went after every rebound with wreckless abandon.

He was a tough defender who used to get into opposing players heads and throw them off their game. Sometimes he resembled more of a WWF wrestler than an NBA player.

There is a reason that he was on Championship ball clubs in Detroit and Chicago. He is the type of player that fills a need. He knew his talent and he developed it to its greatest capacity.

I was a Rodman-hater in the day (I loved Bird's Celtics). But I appreciate his game and his work ethic.

Ben Wallace is not really a good comparison in my opinion.

I see Ron Artest doing alot of the things that Rodman used to do. Artest is very similar in defensive prowess and hustle. But he is no where near Rodman in rebounding. However, Artest is much more talented on the offensive end.

Until any of these guys get a ring or two Rodman is still better.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I'd have to say from the Rodman I've seen, he did have more of a desire to get the ball. Wallace tends to get it with brute force. Not to take anything away from his game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts