Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Davis has been a true warrior and exactly what this team has needed. He will be very effective when Chandler is back at full strength and he can play 25 minutes a game off the bench. Right now we are having to play him way too much.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Davis is an overpaid, undersized utility player..nothing more.
HAHA, your vitriol for AD continues.... ;)

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
He is overpaid no doubt and undersized for the center position. He should mostly play the 4 and would play there more if Curry was playing better. He is more than a utility player IMO. He is the perfect third big man to go along with Tyson and Eddy. Once his contract is up I think he will resign here for a lower salary. Chicago is where he wants to be.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

Just stating the facts.
You seem to hate all players over 30. They're all washed up in your mind. Players under 24 will all be All-Stars. Seems to be a common theme with your posts.

Now that AD has been playing hurt and had a few bad games, here you come again stating the 'facts'. Where were you during his first 20 games with the Bulls?

9.6ppg / 9.0reb / 2.1ast / 31 minutes per game / 42% shooting / 30 games w/ CHI

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
He is overpaid no doubt and undersized for the center position. He should mostly play the 4 and would play there more if Curry was playing better. He is more than a utility player IMO. He is the perfect third big man to go along with Tyson and Eddy. Once his contract is up I think he will resign here for a lower salary. Chicago is where he wants to be.
Obviously you have a much higher opinon of him than I do. I think he is a mediocre utility player at best. Anyway, I doubt he takes less from the Bulls, after all, thats how he wound up in Toronto in the first place. Remember? He rejected a lowball offer from the Bulls and said he was insulted. Then he proceeded to sign with Toronto and be mucho overpaid.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

You seem to hate all players over 30. They're all washed up in your mind. Players under 24 will all be All-Stars. Seems to be a common theme with your posts.

Now that AD has been playing hurt and had a few bad games, here you come again stating the 'facts'. Where were you during his first 20 games with the Bulls?

9.6ppg / 9.0reb / 2.1ast / 31 minutes per game / 42% shooting / 30 games w/ CHI
Yeah, those are some dazzling stats. 42% for a big man? yeah right. I watched every game AD has played for the Bulls...I'm not overly impressed, especially with what AD makes.

And I think it's a little rude of you to assume that I like only younger players. There are plenty of older vets that are quality players and I like a great deal of them. Most of them aren't especially good fits on the Bulls however.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
You are right that is how it went down back then. When his contract is up though I think he will realize with his age that big money will not be coming his way. It won't be low balling no one will offer him big money then IMO. He wants to be a Bull I think. I see nothing mediocre about his game. He is a true warrior inside and an excellent big man for Curry and Chandler to be around. Consumate professional, something a lot of our kids have to learn to be.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

Yeah, those are some dazzling stats. 42% for a big man? yeah right. I watched every game AD has played for the Bulls...I'm not overly impressed, especially with what AD makes.

And I think it's a little rude of you to assume that I like only younger players. There are plenty of older vets that are quality players and I like a great deal of them. Most of them aren't especially good fits on the Bulls however.
I agree that AD is overpaid, no doubt about that. So was Jalen.

10/10/2 isn't blowing anyone away, including me Ace. But considering Eddy's inconsistency and Tyson's injuries, its a nice insurance blanket to have. AD has probably lost a step since his Indy days, but that beside the point. He is a warrior, hard worker and good teammate for the young bigs. He fits into the mold of where Pax is trying to take the organization.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Agreed SD and if we could sign AD at the MLE when his current deal is up we have a heck of a bargain.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Agreed SD and if we could sign AD at the MLE when his current deal is up we have a heck of a bargain.
Don't be so sure of that! He'll be 37 when his contract is over! 37!

Now that's pushing it. I think he's doing pretty well for himself at 35, but past a certain point, and that point is different for all people, well, you know...

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I would be very surprised to see AD still playing basketball at that age. As it is, I'm surprised he's playing now. Once his contract is up he'll be lucky to get the MLE. Vet min is probably more likely.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

He is a warrior, hard worker and good teammate for the young bigs. He fits into the mold of where Pax is trying to take the organization.
plus, he and scottie have that good cop/bad cop thing down.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
plus, he and scottie have that good cop/bad cop thing down.
AD was the one vet on our team that stood up for Eddy the past couple weeks when Kendall and Scottie were drinking Hatorade. That counts for something in my book ;)

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Ask Al Harrington about Antonio Davis. Davis is a huge reason why that kid has made it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts