Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, he said he wanted the trade because of the trade rumors and his baggage in Indy.

He said he is one of the top 2-3 players in the league.

In '03-'04, he could've led the league in scoring if not for his suspension and other scorers on the Pacers.

Good old Ron.

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He talked about his childhood for a while. Basically, everyone in his neighborhood was troubled, and a few years after he left, things became better and some of the kids are in college.

He said he loves boxing and wants to pursue it sometime. Sorry, Sacramento. Ron's going to leave you and become a boxer.

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Artest is "unbeatable in checkers".

Ron came off the bench for Chamiqua Holdsclaw (I have no clue how to spell her name) in his AAU days.

He loves to guard all-stars.

Artest says most fans were on his side after the brawl (even in Detroit), but the corporate conservatives weren't.

Ron wouldn't change the brawl because "it happened". I love that thinking.

50 Cent complemented Ron's rapping. Ron had a chance to sign with him, but declined.

Likes to be first in the gym and last to leave.

He basically said the weight he gained was mostly fat and not muscle, and that he should really be at 250 now.

·
King George
11,465 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
He talked about his childhood for a while. Basically, everyone in his neighborhood was troubled, and a few years after he left, things became better and some of the kids are in college.

He said he loves boxing and wants to pursue it sometime. Sorry, Sacramento. Ron's going to leave you and become a boxer.
I can see it now: Ron Artest vs. Ben Wallace, or maybe Ron Artest vs. Jermaine O'Neal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
MillerTime said:
God i hate that bum.

So glad we have Peja.
Same here, though I don't hate him I hate what he did and the fact that he is way too stupid or nut to feel bad because of what he has done. Also I don't find him "funny" in classical sense either, though he cracks me up sometimes with hes seriosness when he talks.

·
6,755 Posts
Banjoriddim said:
Same here, though I don't hate him I hate what he did and the fact that he is way too stupid or nut to feel bad because of what he has done. Also I don't find him "funny" in classical sense either, though he cracks me up sometimes with hes seriosness when he talks.

LOL..Yeah...

Go PaCeRs!!!!

·
God
2,739 Posts
Fred Jones said:
Let the headache begin for the Kings.
Seriously, it might not come this season, it may not come til mid-season next year, or next years playoffs, or the fallowing year, but Ron Artest will strike in Sacramento and when he does, it'll hurt them just as bad as it hurt us... we're still feeling the effects!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
MillerTime said:
Seriously, it might not come this season, it may not come til mid-season next year, or next years playoffs, or the fallowing year, but Ron Artest will strike in Sacramento and when he does, it'll hurt them just as bad as it hurt us... we're still feeling the effects!
I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen (I wouldn't mind actually :biggrin: ), but anyways I think he will be gone if he contract is up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.