Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think about it they both have the same strenght and weaknesses rondo like wade has big hands great quickness and above average leaping abilities and they both have the same weaknesses the both need to work on their shot rondo is never going to be as good as wade but when wade was in college he wasn't even the best player in the country t.j ford was but that was in the college level i think that rondo's style is more fitted for the nba. P.g's like randy foyle and marcus williams might be better but in the college level rondo will make a better pro

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
They're not even remotely similar.

·
Yeah..A Knicks Fan
828 Posts
o.iatlhawksfan said:
think about it they both have the same strenght and weaknesses rondo like wade has big hands great quickness and above average leaping abilities and they both have the same weaknesses the both need to work on their shot rondo is never going to be as good as wade but when wade was in college he wasn't even the best player in the country t.j ford was but that was in the college level i think that rondo's style is more fitted for the nba. P.g's like randy foyle and marcus williams might be better but in the college level rondo will make a better pro
I don't think Marcus Williams is quick enough to be a great pro PG, but I think he can be on the Jamal Tinsley level, nothing wrong with that. And I think Foye has Ben Gordon 2 written all over him.

But Rondo doesn't just lack a jumpshot. When people give Wade the jumpshot and play the drive, nobody can stop him still. People shut Rondo down by taking away the drive, look at how he scored less as the season went along. People figured him out.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Right now Rajon Rondo looks like a reach if he's even drafted in the first round.He came into the season with a lot of potential and he simply has not performed well enough to merit the guaranteed money a first rounder gets.He's a guy who can play good defense and penetrate,but not at the level that would overcome all of the weaknesses that have been exposed this season.

Wasn't Rondo coming off the bench during the stretch run?I think some guy that I never even heard of was starting in his place for at least part of the season and UK had more success that way.I don't think that Wade saw much of the bench at any level.

At any rate DWade was a real baller for Marquette who led that team to a pretty deep tournament run playing almost exactly the same role he does with the Heat.Everyone knew he was going to be a very good NBA player,and only the scale of his success has been a surprise.Rondo has done nothing like that.He has not demonstrated that he can play a defined role in the NBA.He hasn't been able to run a team successfully this season and he's not proven he can score except occasionally.
That doesn't make for much of a comparison

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
i think Brandon Roy is a lot like Boris Diaw

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
Roy doesn't play like a ***** tho...

:joke:

I don't see the the Rondo to Wade thing tho...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
o.iatlhawksfan said:
Easily the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
There was a Rondo thread around here earlier this week I think.

As everyone else has mentioned, Rondo's not like Wade. Rondo has no jumper and better court vision than Wade. Rondo's also a different build to Wade.

The only comparison that can really be made are that they are both capable of taking the ball to the hoop and are both lightening fast. Wade's a lot better than Rondo is now, and probably ever will be. Rondo's more of a point guard, not a tweener. Wade's shot is light years better too, it's not really the shot that's the problem it's his range. Wade can't hit a 3, but Rondo can't hit a jumper. Anywhere.

Rondo's still got out of this world athleticism, great basketball IQ, amazing court vision and plays solid defense. He's got great tools to work with, but at the moment he doesn't seem anything like Wade.

I do agree he'll (hopefully) make a better pro, as he's not flourishing under Tubby the way he should be. He'd be great on a Phoenix/New Jersey team in the roll of a fast break lightening rod.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
o.iatlhawksfan said:

Are you old enough to remember Dwyane Wade in college??

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Better passer, better rebounder, better defender

Dwyane Wade was a terrific passer for someone who mostly played SG/SF in college. He averaged four and a half assists per game as a junior, which is darn good. But behind the statistics, he was absolutely incredible at driving and dishing.

He also averaged over six rebounds per game both seasons, and he did very well for his size. Granted, at their respected heights, Rondo is better (at least from a statistical standpoint), but Dwade was very very good.

I bet DW was a better defender, too. He played everywhere, guarded the 1 through 3, blocked, stole, and he played great man-to-man as well as team. He was as complete as they come at the collegiate level.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
alex said:
Dwyane Wade was a terrific passer for someone who mostly played SG/SF in college. He averaged four and a half assists per game as a junior, which is darn good. But behind the statistics, he was absolutely incredible at driving and dishing.

He also averaged over six rebounds per game both seasons, and he did very well for his size. Granted, at their respected heights, Rondo is better (at least from a statistical standpoint), but Dwade was very very good.

I bet DW was a better defender, too. He played everywhere, guarded the 1 through 3, blocked, stole, and he played great man-to-man as well as team. He was as complete as they come at the collegiate level.
I did watch Wade at Marquette and he was a fantastic player. Diener and Novak also made life pretty easy for him. But I still stick to my claim that Rondo has the better court vision, better rebounder and a better defender. He has basically shut down all of the opposition that he has gone up against.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.