Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Right now Rajon Rondo looks like a reach if he's even drafted in the first round.He came into the season with a lot of potential and he simply has not performed well enough to merit the guaranteed money a first rounder gets.He's a guy who can play good defense and penetrate,but not at the level that would overcome all of the weaknesses that have been exposed this season.

Wasn't Rondo coming off the bench during the stretch run?I think some guy that I never even heard of was starting in his place for at least part of the season and UK had more success that way.I don't think that Wade saw much of the bench at any level.

At any rate DWade was a real baller for Marquette who led that team to a pretty deep tournament run playing almost exactly the same role he does with the Heat.Everyone knew he was going to be a very good NBA player,and only the scale of his success has been a surprise.Rondo has done nothing like that.He has not demonstrated that he can play a defined role in the NBA.He hasn't been able to run a team successfully this season and he's not proven he can score except occasionally.
That doesn't make for much of a comparison

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Rondo just hasn't been effective this season.You sure can't compare him to Brevin Knight when Brevin makes his living running his team's schemes and Rondo really hasn't shown that he can be effective at the point in college.My personal opinion is that Rondo should stay in school and work on his game,because it has way too many holes in it right now.

He's a good defender,but not so outstanding as he was his freshman season.He's a very good rebounder for a point guard and he's very good with the ball in the open court,but unfortunately he's not a very good point guard when it comes to running the offense.If he's not a very good point guard at the college level then you certainly can't expect that he'll suddenly become one in the pros.Atop of this he's an atrocious shooter and he has only been able to score sporadically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.