Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
University of Kentucky sophomore guard Rajon Rondo is putting his name in the NBA draft … and unlike former Kentucky teammate Randolph Morris, he’s not coming back.

Rondo announced today that he intends to hire an agent to help him prepare for the NBA draft in June. Hiring an agent will make Rondo ineligible for any future college competition. Rondo is expected to hire agent Bill Duffy, whose clients include former UK players Chuck Hayes and Tayshaun Prince.

His former high school coach and current adviser, Doug Bibby, supported the idea of hiring an agent to ensure that Rondo gets the best opportunity to make an NBA team next season.

To merely test the waters, as the cliché goes, will command less than full attention from NBA teams, Bibby said. To hire an agent means you get “the best workouts, the best diets and the best people around you,” the adviser said.

Rondo, who last season became the first player since Cotton Nash in 1962-63 to lead UK in rebounding and assists, made his announcement in Memorial Coliseum. UK Coach Tubby Smith, who sat next to him, saluted Rondo.

“We don’t want to see him leave,” Smith said, “But we understand this is a dream of his. I don't think I coached a better athlete, a more talented athlete, in my entire life.”

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/14261667.htm

· Premium Member
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I'm glad that he is gone. We will be better w/o him. He's a liability on the foul line and he can't shoot the 3. He's got good hands on defense but that's really about it. It's Ramel's time to shine and shine he will. :banana:

· Premium Member
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
TYRONE BIGGUMS said:
bingo bingo bingo ....crappy jumpshot...too small....not even close to being an nba player

a 2nd round contract followed by a swift departure to europe or the minors is the best this guy will ever get

good luck rajan your gonna need it (about 3 inches, a working jumpshot and more talent also)
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. I think he will be solid player for the Celts. He is going to surprise alot of people. It's been said that some NBA scouts were impressed with his jumpshot. That really threw me off. He is a great ball handler and a great defender. He is quick and he can get his feet off of the floor pretty good too. He will be starting for the Celtics before the end of the season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.