Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Well, this is devastating to the teams' aspirations in the playoffs, but they have a decent enough guard rotation that they should still be able to secure a bottom seed in the playoffs. Unless, of course, Boston decides to blow it up. The Warriors, Clippers, and Thunder are all playoff teams out West that could put together pretty decent offers for Pierce or Garnett. Just saying.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
So who replaces him in the all-star game?

·
You think you know me
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't care who takes his place in the All-Star game, really.

As far as Pierce or KG being traded? They both need to retire as Celtics, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, someone on here was saying Garnett has a no trade clause in his contract.... Not sure how accurate that is though.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Rondo's not popular with other teams because he's a chippy guy that sometimes crosses the line into dirty - he would have fit in well in the eighties. Also, he made Chris Paul cry once(I may have exaggerated that). He's not going to win any popularity contests, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
So, the Rudy Gay trade takes Kyle Lowry off the table as a potential trade target. It's looking like if Boston wants a point guard the best trade options are either Ramon Sessions or one of Ridnour/Barrea in Minny. If the current guard rotation looks halfway decent this month, though, I have a feeling we'll be seeing Delonte West 3.0 sometime in March.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts