Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are the incredible things I'm hearing about MWP true? I haven't been really keeping up with the preseason because I think it's pointless, but everyone from posters on this site to journalists have been raving about how great he looks out there and how it looks like he's truly focused for the first time since like 2010. Any input guys?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
He looks really good. He is definitely leaner and faster than we have seen for years. His shot looks better as a result and looks much more dialed in. He seem to be taking advantage of the fact that defenses will not be able to pay much attention to him. Again, it is just the preseason but hopefully it will continue.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
His 3 point shooting was a liability the first 2 months of the season last year and now it's a bonafide weapon. That's going to be huge with this team. I'm almost to the point where I'm comfortable with ill advised attempts now. He's getting to the basket a lot more under control and as a result he's finishing more. I really haven't seen him move with this type of agility offensively as a Laker. His decision making is still comical at times but I'll take that if it means he's agressive.

His defense never slipped either. Honestly as a whole he's outplayed Kobe and Pau this preseason. Granted a big part of that is because teams aren't paying attention to him.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He looks really good. He is definitely leaner and faster than we have seen for years. His shot looks better as a result and looks much more dialed in. He seem to be taking advantage of the fact that defenses will not be able to pay much attention to him. Again, it is just the preseason but hopefully it will continue.
I was talking about this yesterday with someone, when he misses it's always at least in line. Meaning it's either just a little short or a little long. Not as much arc on his shot as there used to be and he seems to be getting it off quicker as well.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
He's quite obviously put in a lot of work on his shot. And he's much much quicker than he's been the last few years.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His 3 point shooting was a liability the first 2 months of the season last year and now it's a bonafide weapon. That's going to be huge with this team. I'm almost to the point where I'm comfortable with ill advised attempts now. He's getting to the basket a lot more under control and as a result he's finishing more. I really haven't seen him move with this type of agility offensively as a Laker. His decision making is still comical at times but I'll take that if it means he's agressive.

His defense never slipped either. Honestly as a whole he's outplayed Kobe and Pau this preseason. Granted a big part of that is because teams aren't paying attention to him.
That's what I like to hear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts