Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everyone's thoughts on Turiaf? I'm not even a college basketball fan, but he's been a favorite of mine for three seasons now. He already has an NBA body it looks like, and I think he can become a very good NBA PF within a few seasons. Nbadraft.net has Atlanta taking Bogut & Turiaf, I would like that very much.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The odds of the Knicks giving him a max contract and putting him at center are 2-1.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I live in Seattle and have watched Ronny a bunch. He's an amazing college low post player, but if he's 6-10, so am I. I think much closer to 6-8 or even shorter. He's not a big jumper, either, so I would be very concerned about him being able to get his shots off in the pros. I think he'll be a Danny Fortson type in the pros. Good rebounder, fiesty, but gets his shots blocked alot.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
at center? there shouldn't even be odds for anyone putting him at center. he's 6-10, but he's no center.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
TonyM said:
2nd round and a steal at that
I doubt very much he'll fall to the second round... most likely he'll be a late first rounder... someone will take a chance on him there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
TonyM said:
at center? there shouldn't even be odds for anyone putting him at center. he's 6-10, but he's no center.
Isiah doesn't know that.

Reactions: ATLien

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I don't know what people think about hoopshype, but they have him as the last pick of the 1st round. he'll go 2nd, just watch. and only because some unproven foreign guy will get picked over him.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
TonyM said:
I don't know what people think about hoopshype, but they have him as the last pick of the 1st round. he'll go 2nd, just watch. and only because some unproven foreign guy will get picked over him.
If he goes second round think a long the lines of Carlos Boozer... he's a similar type of player. Not going to be as good as Boozer mind you but I think he'll be very solid.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tempe85 said:
I doubt very much he'll fall to the second round... most likely he'll be a late first rounder... someone will take a chance on him there.
There a couple of decorated college PF's who will get pushed down to the second round by the international players. Channing Frye, Wayne Simien, Ronny Turiaf, I think at least one of those three falls to the second round.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
tempe85 said:
If he goes second round think a long the lines of Carlos Boozer... he's a similar type of player. Not going to be as good as Boozer mind you but I think he'll be very solid.
I think Sean May is more in the Boozer mold. Not to say that Ronny doesn't fit the profile as well.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
As a huge Gonzaga fan, I've been watching Ronny for a few years now and I still don't know what to think of his NBA potential. He has improved every year at Gonzaga, and is a great energy player, but I don't know if that will translate to a good NBA player. As has been mentioned, he could end up as a Danny Fortson type, although I think he has a little more offensive game than Danny (and much better attitude).

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
TonyM said:
I saw one place compared him to Ben Wallace :raised_ey
I saw that too. I was wondering if they had ever seen him play. He's not exactly the greatest defender (kind of a foul machine), and he's an unstoppable (in college) low post force. I see absolutely nothing similar between them. It was Hoopshype, yes?

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
I have watched every gonzaga game for the past two years and Ronny Turiaf is a very good player. He get's into foul trouble a lot and doesn't have a mid range jumper. But he always give 100% and has great low post moves and is a good rebounder. I think He would be a great Backup for a Really good Power Foward such as Tim Duncan or Amare Stoudmire.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
and doesn't have a mid range jumper.
No, his mid range jumper is just as good if not better than any of the other top power forwards in college basketball right now....

·
Registered
623 Posts
jdg said:
As a huge Gonzaga fan, I've been watching Ronny for a few years now and I still don't know what to think of his NBA potential. He has improved every year at Gonzaga, and is a great energy player, but I don't know if that will translate to a good NBA player. As has been mentioned, he could end up as a Danny Fortson type, although I think he has a little more offensive game than Danny (and much better attitude).

don't forget, fortson, though a thug now, had a fairly accomplished offensive game at the college level.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
SeaNet said:
I see absolutely nothing similar between them. It was Hoopshype, yes?
yes, it was hoopshype. as for the comparison: both African-Americans, both have owrn corn-rows. ??? :clown:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts